Cheflife15

Buying a new suv

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

rogue has a cvt tranny. cvt trannys are shit. they're so bad that nissan and other manufacturers extended the warranty out to 120k. if it fails after that, they're over 3k to rebuild.

anything vw/owdie is shit unless you lease it then dump it after the 3 year lease. the turbos are oil burners. cats go bad. flex pipes go bad...which requires replacement of the cat. i had 2 customers with tiguans that lost the engines.

Since 2015 Honda CR-Vs have CVT transmissions as well.

Currently have a 2016 Nissan Rogue.  Bought it mainly because it was reasonably priced and could haul the wife's wheelchair when she needed it.  Seems to run good, but I am watching the trans closely.  The main advantage is there are a TON of them "out there"...if the tranny does crap-out; there are plenty around to replace it with. 

I also concur with buying off-lease.  New is just too expensive

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

The crv is ironically what she had. I think thats the direction she wants to go in. 

As far as the wedding is concerned i give her what she wants there. Shes not too crazy regarding it and honestly she doesn't limit my gun and ammo hobby sooooo its a win win

She's a keeper!  :)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding & I hope her brother is okay.

• Thanks 1

If you're ever consider going with lease option, I suggest checking leasehackr.com. I'm not affiliated with them, but I got my current car (back in May) from a broker I found there. I was a bit skeptical but got a great deal after all.

I like to lease simply for a piece of mind. If I got into an incident (been there before), and submit insurance claim (Carfax record) I will not lose anything. That's the main reason i like to lease.

Good luck to you!