RobCo

ATF just classified this semi-auto as a “machine gun”

I feel bad for the manufacturer.

Small business who had success in a niche market and started making and producing his own receivers/guns.

Over a year later the ATF decides they no longer like the receiver and rule it non-compliant??

I presume the $225 represents what it costs him to do the replacement.

At the end of the day the guy can still sell his guns, so it ends up being a lot of free advertisement.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Over a year later the ATF decides they no longer like the receiver and rule it non-compliant??

This is a BO move, using Buyme as his proxy, to put small 2A companies out of business.  They are combing through everything at ATF, they are on a mission.

Think about THIS for a minute.  AR-15 receivers have a substantial auto seer block so they are legal.  However, there are drop in F/A FCGs  for the AR-15.  So, guess what (chicken butt)  The AR is next on the chopping block.  That' how they will make it NFA.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, Scorpio64 said:

This is a BO move, using Buyme as his proxy, to put small 2A companies out of business.  They are combing through everything at ATF, they are on a mission.

Think about THIS for a minute.  AR-15 receivers have a substantial auto seer block so they are legal.  However, there are drop in F/A FCGs  for the AR-15.  So, guess what (chicken butt)  The AR is next on the chopping block.  That' how they will make it NFA.

They would have to change the way they classify the FCG, currently the auto sear is the component that breaks the camels back. The rest of the FCG is irrelevant currently considering every firearm would have the same configuration regardless of select fire or not. If you could ban the ar15 this way, every gun could be. 

I'm not familiar enough with the g36 design to speak on the authentic nature of the ATFs decisions. However, if it the FCG pocket can accept an auto sear it would be considered a MG. If it takes any type of modification, then it wouldn't be. That's more in alignment with the statutory definitions. How much modification is required is far too subjective to stand up in court. 

For example, you can own an ar15 reciever with the milled out sear blocks, as long as the m16 FCP is missing the auto sear holes. You cant install one without the holes, regardless if it fits. Just like you can buy an m16 BCG, or the entire Full auto FCG. 

As a small company, I'm shocked that 2a organizations aren't stepping in to counter the ATFs decision unless it's true, that an auto sear could be dropped in without modification.

3 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Hmm, very interesting, i'm not sure how this goes full auto though. I understand the binaries, but this one is a different beast.  I don't see a way of buying this if it were legal, which i doubt.

It's a forced reset trigger. One trigger pull, one bullet fired. 

As the bolt rides forward there's mechanism that uses the bolt inertia to push on the trigger to rest. 

It's essential a bump trigger, should be legal until the atf makes up some dumb shit like bump stocks 

10 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

It's a forced reset trigger. One trigger pull, one bullet fired. 

As the bolt rides forward there's mechanism that uses the bolt inertia to push on the trigger to rest. 

It's essential a bump trigger, should be legal until the atf makes up some dumb shit like bump stocks 

Cool concept for sure, but they are not currently available for sale, looks like they are still developing it. Moderator should lock/delete this thread now!! The gun grabbing crazies in this state no doubt troll these forums and will lose their shit on this one.

13 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

They would have to change the way they classify the FCG, currently the auto sear is the component that breaks the camels back.

Didn't see this until just now.  What I meant is that any firearm that requires anything other than manual cycling will be on the chopping block.  That is their ultimate goal.  As it stands now, the classification is focused on F/A with auto sear, but the leftards are looking to expand (move the goal post, again) the definition of assault weapon.  As we all know, a true assault weapon is select fire, but that has not stopped the left from going forward with their doublespeak campaign where they lump semi-auto in with full auto.

If tens of millions of uneducated Americans believe that a semi-auto rifle is an assault weapon, then the left will face less resistance when they use the ATF to broaden the official definition.  It is all about perception.  For instance, in Florida there is a demoncrat state rep that wants to reclassify grandpa's old 30-06 scoped hunting rifle as a sniper weapon.  Banning hunting rifles is a no-go, but get it in peoples heads that it's a "sniper weapon", then a ban becomes easier to pass.

58 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Cool concept for sure, but they are not currently available for sale, looks like they are still developing it. Moderator should lock/delete this thread now!! The gun grabbing crazies in this state no doubt troll these forums and will lose their shit on this one.

It's been available since late 2020, it's all over gunbroker for inflated prices. Cats out the bag.