Tonester2

Buying an Other using just FID or Pistol buyer permit?

Remember . . . It's not that you can buy a "rifle" with only an FID and DL.

You are buying a "firearm".  If it's NOT a handgun (pistol) you only need an FID and DL.  If it IS handgun, you need an additional permit.

22 hours ago, Tonester2 said:

If know in NJ you can purchase a rifle with just your FID and DL but what if you want to buy an Other firearm? It's not a rifle or a pistol so what credentials are needed to buy one in NJ? Thanks.

It is run as a long gun NICS. NJDL and matching NJFPID card. Must be 21. That's it.

3 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

For clarification, I was only referring to handguns and long guns, not firearms that are categorized as "NFA" firearms that would need a tax stamp, assuming that is the "other" is that is being discussed.

The "Other" doesn't require a tax stamp like SBRs do. Other is not a pistol or a rifle so it's not even considered a Short Barrel Rifle. I just didn't know what is required in NJ to purchase an Other firearm but it looks like I got my answer.

4 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

For clarification, I was only referring to handguns and long guns, not firearms that are categorized as "NFA" firearms that would need a tax stamp, assuming that is the "other" is that is being discussed.

This is a non-nfa firearm in question. But I find it best to just outline the basic condition of buying a gun out of state. If its not a rifle or shotgun, it must go through an ffl in your home state... 

The only exception is If you hold an FFL 

• Like 1