Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

Any good places to try on Carry holsters in NJ?

So this Saturday I am signed up to do the CCW Seminar in Sussex County to apply for my Florida CCW permit.....

Obviously I wont be making too much use of it, but I want it. My sister lives in NC, and my parents live in Florida..... and I would like to carry when I want to when visiting them....

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as IWB holsters or a place where I can try a few on?

There is a place called Lanigan Associates in Tinton Falls that carrys alot of holsters, call them first I'm not sure if the have IWB.

Concealment holsters are hard to come by in NJ for obvious reasons. Best bet are police supply stores, such as Lanigans. Try Lawmen Supply also maybe? I'm pretty sure they have 2 locations in NJ.

Lawmen supply in Paterson is LEO only.

Not that I have one, but everything I read says the Crossbreed Supertuck is a sweet IWB for your larger framed ccw's. For something like an LCP or 3-at, I'd probably try to find a pocket holster or just a side clip.

Yeah...

I have read about them...

Crossbreed

C-Tac

and a few others..... just wish I could try em on first..... Just dont want a draw full of holsters that I end up hating :(

1) It's a drawer, not a draw. (and yes, I can be a dick.)

2) I too prefer to 'try it on' as well, but with the cost of some of the better IWB's, I'm thinking that would be a lot of overhead for even some of the larger shops in NJ to have on hand.

Not sure how far you want to go, or how far you are from PA, but I was at a place tonight called Surplus City on the Bustleton Pike in Feasterville Trevose, PA. They have a ton of IWB holsters. I picked up an Uncle Mikes IWB for my Glock 27 for $13.00. They don't have many higher end holsters if that is what you are looking for. Another GREAT store in PA is INSITE FIREARMS they have a TON of holsters and a boat load of firearms. Awesome store, they are very helpful.

Unless your are planning to use the holster for informal work at a range, spend the money and get a decent holster. Poorly fitting holsters have been the reason for several accidents. I have no use for the one size fits all variety.

If you can wait a few weeks, you can order a custom made holster that is just as good as the Mitch Rosen models that require a wait of months and a cost of a arm and a leg.

Contact Rudy at black Hills Leather. http://bhlstore.com/ He has done several for me and all were top quality and fit the firearm perfectly. I'm ordering one for my new Sig 250 that just came in as no one else has a off the shelf model for it. If you are not sure what you want, call him up directly. Rudy will discuss and help you decide what will work best for you.