Mrs. Peel

Let's talk... fuel tanks!

given the suckage of modern gas cans, I don't even bother worrying about the pour spout.  i've pretty much tossed all of them at this point, and just rely on a wide mouth funnel to get gas into my generator.  it spills less and pours better that way.

and as for cost, when you can get them on sale, 5gal cans are still the cheapest per-gallon storage available.  I have 6 here.

2 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Whats the chance of that ever happening again??? :diablo:

Probably close to zero, maybe in the next 100 years, since I have everything I need now.. :pardon:

5 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

A 100 lb. tank really doesn't take up much more space then a 20 lb BBQ tank.

I think if I was really concerned, or needed propane for different appliances, I'd bury a 250 or 500 gallon tank. Why stop at 100?

But what was interesting with Sandy, I started out with a couple of 20 lb tanks, but then when it looked like it was going to be a longer duration, I was able to get additional 20 lb tanks for cash at a gas station that was without power. Also, one grocery store that was accepting cash had a rack of tanks outside.

So, I was able to get the additional tanks I needed, and I didn't get shot by one shotgun..  :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Probably close to zero, maybe in the next 100 years, since I have everything I need now.. :pardon:

I think if I was really concerned, or needed propane for different appliances, I'd bury a 250 or 500 gallon tank. Why stop at 100?

But what was interesting with Sandy, I started out with a couple of 20 lb tanks, but then when it looked like it was going to be a longer duration, I was able to get additional 20 lb tanks for cash at a gas station that was without power. Also, one grocery store that was accepting cash had a rack of tanks outside.

So, I was able to get the additional tanks I needed, and I didn't get shot by one shotgun.:yahoo:

That's because you didn't try to take mine.:hunter: