sagosto

Home Defense Shotgun Recommendation

41 minutes ago, sagosto said:

All are accessible to the kids... But, I'd keep trigger lock as well.

Get you some of them dog training collars for the kids and leave the shotgun out, unloaded of course.  every time they even look at it, zap em.  In fact, if even one goes for the gun, zap 'em all.  You don't want to seem like you are playing favorites.

How one stores their gun(s) is a deeply personal and hotly contested matter.  On one hand, barriers (cases, unloaded, locks) can burn precious time when glass is breaking at 0300.  On the other hand, children are curious, and the more you hide something, the more they want to see and mess with it.

There are various ways to secure a HD firearm.  You will hear a lot of elbows, they are like opinions, everyone's got 'em.  Take it all in and decide for yourself what you are most comfortable with.  I'd start with looking at long gun safes with biometric entry.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sagosto said:

I am going to move forward with a new Maverick. With regards to safety, would a hard or soft case w/ lock be sufficient? Under the bed or closet? All are accessible to the kids... But, I'd keep trigger lock as well.

Get a quick access safe that you can mount in your bedroom closet. Various manufacturers make quick access safes for shotguns. And most importantly, teach the kids proper gun safety.