eyeinstine

CJRPC wait time?

9 hours ago, rifleman said:

Come out and shoot trap every Thursday night 6 - 8, done by 9. $4 per 25 clays.

Do they allow "novices"?  If so I may try and head out one night.  

I was a member of Range-14 let my membership expire :facepalm: and its just been a hassle to get in with the online setup and hours for renewals and sessions..If you don't mind what was the initial cost and yearly fee? and is it one of the sponsorship ranges?!

CAPITAL CONTRIBUTION FEE (A ONE TIME FEE) IS $600.00 (NON TAXABLE) AND IS EITHER PAYABLE IN FULL OR AS A $300 (NON TAXABLE) PARTIAL PAYMENT WITH BALANCE OF $320 REMAINDER PAID IN NO MORE THAN (4) EQUAL QUARTERLY $80.00 (INCLUDES $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE) INSTALLMENTS.

HONORABLY DISCHARGED SERVICE PERSONNEL WHO SUBBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD214 WILL RECEIVE $100 DISCOUNT.

ANNUAL DUES ($300.00) ARE TAXABLE & ARE PRO-RATED BASED ON WHEN YOU ATTEND A NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION. MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JAN FEB MAR APRIL MAY JUNE PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $293.22 $266.56 $239.91 $213.25 $186.59 $159.94 MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JULY AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $133.28 $106.63 $79.97 $53.31 $26.66 NOT HELD MIN PAY EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $300.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $406.63 PAY IN FULL EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $600.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $706.63

https://cjrpc.org/#/ click "How to Join"

Sponsors are not required. Members get a discount for referring new members. 

You'd probably be looking at 4-6 month process at this point, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kc17 said:

CAPITAL CONTRIBUTION FEE (A ONE TIME FEE) IS $600.00 (NON TAXABLE) AND IS EITHER PAYABLE IN FULL OR AS A $300 (NON TAXABLE) PARTIAL PAYMENT WITH BALANCE OF $320 REMAINDER PAID IN NO MORE THAN (4) EQUAL QUARTERLY $80.00 (INCLUDES $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE) INSTALLMENTS.

HONORABLY DISCHARGED SERVICE PERSONNEL WHO SUBBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD214 WILL RECEIVE $100 DISCOUNT.

ANNUAL DUES ($300.00) ARE TAXABLE & ARE PRO-RATED BASED ON WHEN YOU ATTEND A NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION. MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JAN FEB MAR APRIL MAY JUNE PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $293.22 $266.56 $239.91 $213.25 $186.59 $159.94 MONTH OF NEW MEMBER MEETING JULY AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC PRO-RATED DUES 7% TAX INCLUDED $133.28 $106.63 $79.97 $53.31 $26.66 NOT HELD MIN PAY EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $300.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $406.63 PAY IN FULL EXAMPLE = ATTEND AUG MEETING = $106.63 + $600.00 = WRITE A CHECK FOR $706.63

https://cjrpc.org/#/ click "How to Join"

Sponsors are not required. Members get a discount for referring new members. 

You'd probably be looking at 4-6 month process at this point, unfortunately. 

THANKS alot.....so for laymans purposes...its $600 initial setup and $300 yearly plus taxes?! 

3 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

THANKS alot.....so for laymans purposes...its $600 initial setup and $300 yearly plus taxes?! 

Yes, the $600 is the one time contribution aka buy-in fee. Then $300 a year, there are ways to get discounts on that. You can spread the $600 out through the course of a year. The $300 is pro-rated based on when you join. Everyone's dues are Jan-Dec, so if you joined in July you'd be paying half of the $300. 

We are a member-owned club, not a for-profit business. That is why the contribution fee. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Yes, the $600 is the one time contribution aka buy-in fee. Then $300 a year, there are ways to get discounts on that. You can spread the $600 out through the course of a year. The $300 is pro-rated based on when you join. Everyone's dues are Jan-Dec, so if you joined in July you'd be paying half of the $300. 

We are a member-owned club, not a for-profit business. That is why the contribution fee. 

thank you so much for the clarity...much appreciated!! 

IMO R14 & CJR&PC are so completely different, it's not fair to compare them. R14 has a membership fee + hourly fees with limited hours of operation. Even as a member it was hit or miss if I was able to shoot that day. I'd be there two hours or more to get a spot, then be limited on how long I could stay. Some of the ROs were strict beyond necessary. They also have the set times for cease fire, etc... From what I understand things are even worse with the flu. 

CJR&PC, you pay nothing extra. Hours are better, no ROs, much larger facility, covered pistol & rifle ranges, indoor range, etc.... If you are in a pit there's nobody else to worry about. If you are on one of the ranges, each member is in a sense an RO. If you need to go downrange, you make an announcement and the range goes cold. I have NEVER had to wait to shoot. Sure, some days are more crowded than others, maybe I didn't get the pit I wanted, but others were available. 

22 hours ago, rifleman said:

Come out and shoot trap every Thursday night 6 - 8, done by 9. $4 per 25 clays.

@rifleman

Id love too..  Mind if i PM you right before i know i that i have a free Thursday evening? I would appreciate to meet up with you there so you could show me the ropes over on the skeet/trap side of the club..  I'll admit, my only skeet/trap experience is informal stuff with friends at either the WMA ranges or some farmer friends back field..  No fancy trap gun, just my hunting 12 guages.. And im doing good when i actually hit more than i miss...

Ron

10 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I was a member of Range-14 let my membership expire :facepalm: and its just been a hassle to get in with the online setup and hours for renewals and sessions..If you don't mind what was the initial cost and yearly fee? and is it one of the sponsorship ranges?!

As KC17 posted above; and all spot on great info..  I was also a member of Range-14 and i too let my membership expire this past January..  It just wasnt for me. The odd hours and days never fit my schedule.. And honestly, its really no cheaper in the end, other then the one time 600$ capital contribution fee. I would take my two kids with the range 14 for two hours. Thats 30$.. Do that a handful of times a year, plus the 90$ annual fee, and you'll be at at least 300$ a year.. 

At this point, you would be lucky to get in CJRPC until July or August.. With the prorated membership dues, you looking somewhere around 725$..  Hell, sell a case of ammo and your in..  Or apply those Biden bucks to it.. :D

Theres plenty of credit oppurtunities at CJRPC. Get involved and be active, and you could damn near be in for free each year..

If you ever want to just take a drive through and check it out, let me know. Im only 15 mins from there..

I know this thread is a little old, but does anyone know the current wait times?  My dad is a member and i put in my application a few weeks ago through email, i sent a follow up but have gotten no response.  I put my dad on the app as a sponsor.  Was going to have my dad check in on it but it's been so cold that he hasn't been down there.

New members are by reservation only!! E-mail filled out application to [email protected] or send to the below address and he will call you to set up an appointment. He is planning to have the New Member Meeting on the last Wednesday of the Month. If volume rises, you may be called to come in earlier.

If your dad gets the newsletters all the info is in the newsletter’s phone numbers etc.

9 minutes ago, Vzguy said:

New members are by reservation only!! E-mail filled out application to [email protected] or send to the below address and he will call you to set up an appointment. He is planning to have the New Member Meeting on the last Wednesday of the Month. If volume rises, you may be called to come in earlier.

If your dad gets the newsletters all the info is in the newsletter’s phone numbers etc.

Yeah, I did all that.  Filled out the pdf and emailed it to the vp.  I just never got any type of reply email back to confirm he got it.  Sent a follow up email and no response, I was assuming there isn’t the COVID backup anymore from last time this thread was posted in.  I’ll have to see if my dad has an online account, I assume that’s where the newsletters are. He is older so I’m guessing he doesn’t.

6 minutes ago, njviper91 said:

Yeah, I did all that.  Filled out the pdf and emailed it to the vp.  I just never got any type of reply email back to confirm he got it.  Sent a follow up email and no response, I was assuming there isn’t the COVID backup anymore from last time this thread was posted in.  I’ll have to see if my dad has an online account, I assume that’s where the newsletters are. He is older so I’m guessing he doesn’t.

CJRP has a Facebook account that they monitor! frequently!! LOL. That is another story!

9 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

CJRP has a Facebook account that they monitor! frequently!! LOL. That is another story!

I swear between permit times, this, and crossing your fingers that something you want comes into stock at your local gun store its enough to drive you crazy.

6 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

I thought that would be coming. I never go to meetings, just arguments!!

I was shooting last month and ran into board members.  Also, we need more piss on hanoi jane stickers for urinals!!!

Its a good thing.  We don't need money and lets keep it small and friendly

• Agree 2

Called up and spoke to someone, he said as long as I emailed the application that im in the queue.  Also said that they are capping at 4200 but that doesn't mean forever.  As members don't rejoin then they will let more in.  Just a matter of how long for me now, he mentioned February or March.

10 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

My coworker gets his membership card today. does anyone know, will I be able to use him as a sponsor on my future application?! or does he have to have time in before he can sponsor someone? thanks. 

I think the only thing a sponsor does is get them a $50 discount, it sure as hell doesn't get you in there faster :D

• Like 1

"Sponsors" are not needed. Members get a credit on the next year's dues when a new member puts their name down on the application. I did not have a sponsor when I joined. 

The bigger challenge is that we put a cap on total active members, 4200 or 4300, I forget which. We're very close to or at that number already. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

"Sponsors" are not needed. Members get a credit on the next year's dues when a new member puts their name down on the application. I did not have a sponsor when I joined. 

The bigger challenge is that we put a cap on total active members, 4200 or 4300, I forget which. We're very close to or at that number already. 

That may change after March 15th when all the dues are in.  I spoke to Bob and its a soft cap, which means when people dont reup it opens for new members.  FYI the wait list is about 3 months atm.

• Like 1

Just now, kc17 said:

when you filled out the application you left the sponsor portion empty?! **edit** you know what I'm rereading the application and it does say "not mandatory" above the sponsor ID. sorry about that, I figured they would look at the sponsor applications over applications w/o a sponsor. Let me get in the queue and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

when you filled out the application you left the sponsor portion empty?! **edit** you know what I'm rereading the application and it does say "not mandatory" above the sponsor ID. sorry about that, I figured they would look at the sponsor applications over applications w/o a sponsor. Let me get in the queue and see what happens. 

Def. not the case :)

• Like 1

Yes, they did say as people leave (or get kicked out for rules violations or non-payment) they will allow new members in. We're just not going to go above that number. And prospective members will be contacted based on the submission date of the application. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:34 PM, kc17 said:

Yes, they did say as people leave (or get kicked out for rules violations or non-payment) they will allow new members in. We're just not going to go above that number. And prospective members will be contacted based on the submission date of the application. 

Would you or anyone else happen to know what time of the month they send out the email for new members to come to the end of month meeting?  Do they send them out right after the general membership meeting or closer to the last Wednesday of the month?

49 minutes ago, njviper91 said:

Would you or anyone else happen to know what time of the month they send out the email for new members to come to the end of month meeting?  Do they send them out right after the general membership meeting or closer to the last Wednesday of the month?

Sorry, I do not know how Bob is doing it now. You sent your application to [email protected]? If you sent it via USPS, I'd send an email to him to confirm he got it.