eyeinstine

CJRPC wait time?

2 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Sorry, I do not know how Bob is doing it now. You sent your application to [email protected]? If you sent it via USPS, I'd send an email to him to confirm he got it. 

I actually spoke to Bob, (looks like he is the president now)  He confirmed he got the email and that I am on the list.  Was just wondering when to look out for the email and try and see how much time i have to make sure I make the meeting (scheduling wise).

Bob is the President now. John resigned somewhat abruptly, with no public reason given. 

I assume there will be a special election for a new VP. A question was brought up at the last meeting which was only given a half-baked answer. 

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be that Bob will wait till closer to the end of the month so he only has to send out one email. 

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Bob is the President now. John resigned somewhat abruptly, with no public reason given. 

I assume there will be a special election for a new VP. A question was brought up at the last meeting which was only given a half-baked answer. 

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be that Bob will wait till closer to the end of the month so he only has to send out one email. 

I see, that makes sense.  Trying to figure out some vacations and im not about to miss the call to come in :lol:.

Getting antsy now that the weather is starting to get nice.  Good thing I started the process in January.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

SO much better shooting outdoors. I've used the indoor range a few times when weather was especially bad, never been there long. 

By the way, they've been talking about implementing a written test, too many newer members were getting in trouble and claiming they didn't know the rules. I don't know if they'll have that this month or not. 

They also do a live fire test. Do not do anything with your gun until you are told to. They've sent people home for walking up to the line and taking out a loaded handgun and other violations. 

24 minutes ago, kc17 said:

SO much better shooting outdoors. I've used the indoor range a few times when weather was especially bad, never been there long. 

By the way, they've been talking about implementing a written test, too many newer members were getting in trouble and claiming they didn't know the rules. I don't know if they'll have that this month or not. 

They also do a live fire test. Do not do anything with your gun until you are told to. They've sent people home for walking up to the line and taking out a loaded handgun and other violations. 

Yeah, my dad has told me some stories.  I don't mind a written test, whatever it takes.

I even told bob when i become a member i can create a system that takes online payment for them.  Im a Software Engineer.

Hell I could totally automate the entire membership and new membership process if they wanted me to.

Would be nice to have a way to track a membership application online and alleviate emails asking when they are up next.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:26 AM, njviper91 said:

I finally got the call, just in time for spring.  Im grateful to have made it in (well pending the meeting) before its capped.

Thanks to all here with the info.

All went well last night, pick up my badge at the next meeting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, almiz111 said:

CJRPC  WAS a great place to shoot rifle. They had all sorts of training and shooting events at the 300 yard range. I was not even a member. Then it all went poof!! Basically dead.

I saw something about the guy running those matches not being around anymore. Don't know the details though. 

1 hour ago, almiz111 said:

CJRPC  WAS a great place to shoot rifle. They had all sorts of training and shooting events at the 300 yard range. I was not even a member. Then it all went poof!! Basically dead.

Nah I'm good with it.  I pay to shoot and like using my range besides, some of those non members treated the club like shit.   If members should not have to take a back seat to nonmembers who want to come and ring steel

6 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I saw something about the guy running those matches not being around anymore. Don't know the details though. 

I almost took the head off one guy doing matches in the pits.  Not all those ring leaders were safe, competent nor respectful.  

31 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I almost took the head off one guy doing matches in the pits.  Not all those ring leaders were safe, competent nor respectful.  

I left during setup of one of the matches. The MD was a total d-bag.

I saw a guy at a different match a month later. He was at the same match but stayed. The MD grabbed someone's gun during a stage while he was shooting. Because he went over the time.

I've heard he's not a MD anymore. 

• Agree 1