USMC1341

Hunting Archery / Firearm Live Fire Question

I'm looking to complete the live fire qualification to finally get my NJ hunting license. I'd like to get both my archery and firearms completed. For those who have done this in the past, is it feasible to do both on the same morning? For instance they'll have Archery at 9:00am, and then Firearm at 10:00am. Will I need to visit on two separate days to get both? I'm just not sure how the class / qual is run and if there would be too much overlap, or if they are scheduled an hour apart to allow people to complete both on the same visit. I missed getting into an open slot for the fall/winter, trying to figure out when I can make it out before they all fill up for the spring.

Thanks in advance!

When you sign up I believe you can apply for both to be done in one day.  When my kids did it they did the workbook at home for both archery and gun.  The workbook is basically your admittance ticket into the class. I would recommend doing the muzzleloader part as well so you can get your rifle permit. Will need rifle permit if you wanna use muzzleloader for deer, rifle for woodchuck, or rifle for fox/coyote.  

Thanks.

I already completed the course online and have a voucher for the live fire from this past September. I think they may be conducting it mostly remotely this way now due to Covid. I went ahead and registered for both on the same date an hour apart, since it looks like spots are already scarce.. My guess is the in person portion for the live fire must allow you to complete one in an hour and move on to the other, knock on wood. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, benboga37 said:

An hour apart is how I did it in Clinton WMA. They only have the class do the field test for shotgun , that also qualifies for the rifle permit.

Has it changed? Years ago there was a test for shotgun, one for rifle/muzzleloader, and one for archery.