Sign in to follow this  
aeromaks

do your friends know that you own firearms?

I really shocked my best friend when I told him I am applying for an FID. Avid Obama supporter, was wondering why i was prepparing for civil war. lol. but slowly he is coming around to it, and even asked me to take him to the range.

Anyone have any stories like this?

Does your extended fam, best friend, close relatives know you own firearms?

My wife and son know.

My brother-in-law in FL knows.

2 of my neighbors know (retired LEO and current CO).

Friends I shoot with know.

A couple of fellow enthusiasts at work know.

The Sergeant who processes my apps knows (we talk about shooting every time I see him).

All of you know.

Anyone else doesn't need to know jack s&$t about my business.

Many of my friends know....a lot of them are actually NYC Liberals & Obama supporters, and they always want to know the next time im going to the range and if they can tag along....You would be surprised how many of them really like guns, even if they cant easily or legally own them where they live.

My close friends and family know. I am going to became an NRA instructor and a RSO this year so I am guessing a lot more will know in the future. I don't care who knows and who does not. You should never care what others think of you it only gives them power over you. Live your life with integrity and honestly, looking to help your fellow man and all other things will fall into place.

every body knows, all my friends and relatives, and most of them also own except my wifes side of the family, but her side has on philadelphia peace officer and one secret service that is the extent of firearms on her side.

I don't discuss guns except with gun friendly folks. Way back when I first applied for my NJ FID, anytime I discussed it I would always be the target of personal attacks: "what do you need a gun for? you're probably just gonna shoot yourself!"

I never bring it up, and often times if someone else brings it up, I get to notice how ignorant they are when it comes to guns.

I don't discuss guns except with gun friendly folks. Way back when I first applied for my NJ FID, anytime I discussed it I would always be the target of personal attacks: "what do you need a gun for? you're probably just gonna shoot yourself!"

I never bring it up, and often times if someone else brings it up, I get to notice how ignorant they are when it comes to guns.

I feel the same way, it's more of a matter of not wanting to be annoyed that I just don't tell people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but people who are anti gun are usually so over the top that I just can't be bothered.

Everyone that knows me know I have guns. I've got a target with about 30 bullet holes in it that hangs in my office. All of the holes are in a nice neat circle about 2 inches in diameter. Not bad for a pistol at 50 yards.

Unless I know they're rabid anti-gun I'm pretty open about it with people. If someone asks "How was you weekend?" I'll say "Had a great time at the Bullet Hole Sunday" If they seem interested I'll offer to take them along. Sometimes they"ll surprise me and say "You've got a gun? So do I!"

My close friends know. One also shoots along with me. Some family know but none of them are happy about it besidesmy brother in law that got me into shooting. A couple people think I am nuts for getting one bcause they feel the general public should not own guns. damn people