RickS

Building an Other

8 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Wouldn't the biggest problem be that nj ffls wont transfer lowers as others

Is that a blanket statement? Maybe you have come across one that doesn't know the law, but the majority will transfer a stripped lower as an other firearm.

There are 3 boxes to choose from on the 4473 - "Handgun", "Long Gun (rifle or shotgun)" and "Other Firearm (frame, receiver, etc.)"

A stripped lower is neither a handgun or a long gun, but is clearly a receiver.

32 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Wouldn't the biggest problem be that nj ffls wont transfer lowers as others

Then they're not transferring a stripped receiver properly - it's clearly Other, then Other-Receiver on the 4473.  I've gotten several lowers with no issues and all are transferred as Other.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Is that a blanket statement? Maybe you have come across one that doesn't know the law, but the majority will transfer a stripped lower as an other firearm.

There are 3 boxes to choose from on the 4473 - "Handgun", "Long Gun (rifle or shotgun)" and "Other Firearm (frame, receiver, etc.)"

Correct

22 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Then they're not transferring a stripped receiver properly - it's clearly Other, then Other-Receiver on the 4473.  I've gotten several lowers with no issues and all are transferred as Other.

Also correct

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

I know the jist but in reality no. I've had 2 say no

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Who are you using?