This afternoon, I requested three purchase permits in Cherry Hill . . . I'll post updates each step of the way.

Application was filed on the afternoon of 3/11 (a Thursday) and a fee of $21 was paid on line.

Reference One Complete:  3/11

Reference Two Complete: Reference says that he completed this on 3/14 but I haven't received confirmation.

Criminal History Check Complete: 3/12

Received Notice to pay $6 to LPD: 3/12 . . . Paid on 3/15.

Permits Ready to Pick Up:

I'll add any other dates that seem relevant.

• Like 1

This morning I received notice that my electronic permits are available. 

I applied online the afternoon of 3/11 and I can buy a gun today, 3/27. 

Sixteen days here in Cherry Hill . . . 

A few days ago I received the email stating my electronic permits were available but my local PD hasn't contacted me to pay the $6 for my 3 permits. Has this part been eliminated from the process? 

My bride applied for her FID card and 2 days later got the confirmation that her references were complete.-Don't they request you get fingerprinted before they start the background check? Nothing so far about getting that done.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, SmittyMHS said:

My bride applied for her FID card and 2 days later got the confirmation that her references were complete.-Don't they request you get fingerprinted before they start the background check? Nothing so far about getting that done.

With the new system I'm not too sure. The 4 people I walked through getting their FID scheduled and completed fingerprints first but the background check has been taking less than 12hrs now, so maybe they changed it?

On 4/1/2021 at 7:39 PM, Redeye65 said:

When I applied for three P2P I paid right then and there, acknowledgement said, $6 forwarded. I assume to my LPD.  

I just checked and I only paid the $21 for the check. I wonder if I fell into a timeframe where they were changing it from paying the PD to the State forwarding the money to the PD? I'll find out Thursday when I go into the LGS to do the paperwork for the gun I bought. 

I just got the email with my digital permits in 10 days flat out of the NJSP Augusta barracks.

Sgt. Hollar is on the ball!

I haven't gotten permits in 10 days since we lived in Randolph. (Pre-1994)

Note: Later today I found out there's over 5,000 NICS checks in the queue. The expected wait time is at least a week.

Edited by 45Doll
Note added.
  • Like 1