FishNHard

Has anyone have luck on primers ?

Me too.  Just ordered Winchester 5.56 primers from Larry.  $91.00 shipped for 1K is like triple the normal price but it beats GB!  Not so bad when I could order 5K but even Larry is now limiting purchases to 1K per day so the 1K plus shipping plus Hazmat kills the deal.:mad:

12 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Me too.  Just ordered Winchester 5.56 primers from Larry.  $91.00 shipped for 1K is like triple the normal price but it beats GB!  Not so bad when I could order 5K but even Larry is now limiting purchases to 1K per day so the 1K plus shipping plus Hazmat kills the deal.:mad:

Not sure what the deal is but hazmat was only 12 bucks and 12 for shipping, so i guess it's free shipping? lol

The military primers are normally about 50bucks per 1000k so you did better than you think lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishNHard said:

On midway brownells and natchez  I click the notify when in stock but never get a notification.

You won’t ever get a notification. Email notification has to trickle out to not get them on spam block lists. Likely tens of thousands of people are signed up for that. It will take about half an hour minimum to send out 10-20k unless they are REALLY optimizing their delivery methods. They will be gone in between 60 seconds and 10 minutes. 

I kept buying every time they were available.  I stopped counting, so like a shithead. I have more SPPs than I will use in a lifetime!

At the highest prices too.  I was stupid for not stocking up before Covid, but ammo was so cheap, I have not reloaded for many years.

9 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

You can find primers for 80 bucks per 1k excluding shipping/hazmat pretty regularly each week. They stay in stock for a few hours now. 

The problem is that when you add  $12.95 shipping and $20.00 Hazmat with a 1K limit,, They now become $112.95 per box! I used that method to get my SPP stock up to 10K and now I'm sorry I did since I spent 1,200.00 dollars for primers and I will probably never use half of them!

If anyone here needs a couple boxes, I can save you the hazmat and at least recoup some of my money!:mad:

Discord can make you do stupid things!

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

If it makes you feel better I'm sure there are LOTS of people who did (and are still doing) exactly what you did.

I was very lucky that I had just stocked up on my normal volume of primers before the panic began, so i haven;t had the need to get get any at the absurd prices..yet!  I traded for some SPP, but that was straight up for LPP (which I had extra) so it wasn't really painful.

I did have to buy some powder, but that was just the normal hazmat/shipping pain.

• Like 1

My $0.02 in general is have at least 4 years worth of shooting supplies on hand by end of spring prior to a presidential election year and keep it topped up. Then top up whatever you have used by midterms. 

I've spent some money picking up overpriced stuff because this is unprecedented panic and I might need extra buffer, but the above strategy has allowed me to largely sit out this panic and the previous one. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The problem is that when you add  $12.95 shipping and $20.00 Hazmat with a 1K limit,, They now become $112.95 per box! I used that method to get my SPP stock up to 10K and now I'm sorry I did since I spent 1,200.00 dollars for primers and I will probably never use half of them!

If anyone here needs a couple boxes, I can save you the hazmat and at least recoup some of my money!:mad:

I didn't say it was practical to buy them!!! Dayyyum.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Sell some for what you paid including the fees if that is the going rate.

Sell some on Gunbroker.  They were going for crazy prices not too long ago.  Some people can't or don't want to sit in front of the computer all day.  

• Like 1