Cheflife15

9mm magazine for kimber lw 1911

My boss is having a tough time finding 10 round mags for this? I dont know anything about these and don't want to stear him in the wrong direction. 

Are 1911 normally 9 rounds? 

Also any insight on places for the most affordable magazines. Thanks as always. 

27 minutes ago, Redeye65 said:

Are 1911 mags only 9 rounds? As far as price goes i mentioned they may cost more. My cz mags are 21 dollars where as my walther ppq mags are 38. 

I just got a Kimber LW 9mm too.  

I have some Dawson mags on the way.  They're on the pricier side.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-9mm-10-round-magazines-with-tactical-basepads/

I've used Tripp 10 round mags in .40 for my SIG 1911 Max Michel too - they work really well so far with no issues.

They make a 9mm 10 round mag too - I would try them out.

https://dawsonprecision.com/tripp-research-9mm-10-round-stainless-steel-magazine/

10 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

So are 1911 mags interchangeable?

Mostly, yes so long as you get the correct caliber. The external dimensions are the same for standard frame sizes. The internal dimensions are obviously smaller when you compare 9mm to .45ACP mags.

There are some minor nuances and some people find one particular manufacturer doesn't run well in their gun, but that can often be fixed by a gunsmith tuning the mag. I have had no issues with DP mags in my 9mm Springfield or  with the Chip McCormick powermags in my .45 S&W. I run the DP ICE magwell on both with the DP no-gap base pads.

• Thanks 1

Dawson and Tripp magazines are pretty good. I've found that the best in 9mm for me were Wilsons. Their 45 magazines ain't too shabby either.

9rd magazines are standard, and probably the better choice for concealed carry, as the sit flush. If you have a magwell or just using at the range, then might as well use 10 rounders.

• Thanks 1

Originally i ran wilson 10 rnd mags out of my kimber team2 , had some issues i had to correct with the mag, there's a thread on here with the modifications that had to be made, i now run cmc 10 rnd 9mm mags they worked out of the box.