Jump to content
Scorpio64

What Kind of Person Are You?

Recommended Posts

If you have never heard of or taken a Meyers-Briggs personality test, and you'd like to learn some interesting things about yourself, watch the following video with a piece of paper and writing implement in hand.  Fear not, the test is only just over seven minutes long.  You will fall into one of sixteen personality types that you can look into more deeply.  I was astonished at how accurate my results were. 

It is important to note, you need to think hard and be honest with yourself as you answer the questions.  There is the person we are, and the person we wish we were, everyone strives to be a certain way, but the fact is, we are who we are and work with (or around) it every day.  Some of the questions can be difficult because you will be presented with two options, and you'll think, Well, I'm kinda both.  Pause the video, think on it for a minute, and just go with whatever you believe is most prevalent, write it down and resume the video.

After you have determined your PT, You will have to click the YouTube icon at the lower right of the video player to watch the video on YT where you can access the explanations of personality types.  I watched six different explanation videos from different publishers and found that they filled in the gaps where I believed I was both A and B.  The accuracy was striking, indeed.

BTW, I am an ISTP.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

You don't have to share the results if you are the paranoid type.  And, if you are worried the ATF will be using their 5G mind reading tech, just put on the tin foil cap while you are thinking about the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This came up about a year and a half ago ago here in a thread and I took the test.

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96603-16-personality-test/

I took the it again, just now, to see if I got a different answer.

Results - INFJ-A Advocate

Same results as last time.

56 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

And you were the one that started it last time!!! :rofl: 

  • Informative 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

This came up about a year and a half ago ago here in a thread and I took the test.

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96603-16-personality-test/

I took the it again, just now, to see if I got a different answer.

Results - INFJ-A Advocate

Same results as last time.

And you were the one that started it last time!!! :rofl: 

Go figure. :tommy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Interesting. Istp. Also check out my astrological and birth  date stuff.  I make a good serial killer when all put together.  I would never hurt an animal though.  Its just those bullseye paper targets that really piss me off. :wub::diablo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

 

Ha Ha..

..."Adam Ruins Everything - Why the Myers-Briggs Test is Total B.S.

Despite its mainstream popularity, the Myers-Brigg personality types are as scientific as a childish parlor game."

In reality, if you need a personality test to tell you who you are, there's bigger issues going on... All you should need is to look in the mirror...

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

In reality, if you need a personality test to tell you who you are, there's bigger issues going on... All you should need is to look in the mirror...

Mmmm... I don't agree with the statement above, not at all!. I think most people actually have very little self-awareness, even when they think they do! Denial is a common personality trait and it can be terribly blinding. (And I'm not even talking the most extreme cases - like the 50-pound anorexic who literally looks in a mirror and "sees" a fat person. I'm talking about ordinary people, many who are otherwise quite bright, who are simply clueless about how they come off to others. People are complicated!)

As for MBTI, though I do agree it's not a "validated"  test... I'm not sure how much that really means. Because, even some of the "validated tests" used by psychologists and institutions have their critics and naysayers!  Most psychological tools should be taken with a grain of salt IMO, but that doesn't render them entirely useless. MBTI is pretty effective at providing a "mirror" that reflects back some general personality tendencies - and for an awful lot of people, that info comes as a surprise! Some are even able to leverage the info effectively (gaining insight on how to interact, for instance, with a boss who has a very different personality style). I've also seen it used as an effective ice-breaker and team-building exercise in training classes.  So, though I certainly wouldn't bet my house on the results of any personality indicator, they are: fun for most, helpful for some, and they seem to harm no one! 

 

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Mmmm... I don't agree with the statement above, not at all!. I think most people actually have very little self-awareness, even when they think they do! Denial is a common personality trait and it can be terribly blinding. (And I'm not even talking the most extreme cases - like the 50-pound anorexic who literally looks in a mirror and "sees" a fat person. I'm talking about ordinary people, many who are otherwise quite bright, who are simply clueless about how they come off to others. People are complicated!)

Personal mental illness is a serious issue in the country, and is growing every year. This is where the problem exists. It has nothing to do with personality or a personality test. Don't confuse the two.

I stand by my comment, if you can't look in the mirror and "know" who you are, a personality test ain't going to help anyone. It's time for professional intervention. It's approaching 25% of the population that suffers some type of mental illness.

https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-lhi-topics/Mental-Health

https://nami.org/NAMI/media/NAMI-Media/Infographics/NAMI_YouAreNotAlone_2020_FINAL.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Personal mental illness is a serious issue in the country, and is growing every year. This is where the problem exists. It has nothing to do with personality or a personality test. Don't confuse the two.

I stand by my comment, if you can't look in the mirror and "know" who you are, a personality test ain't going to help anyone. It's time for professional intervention. It's approaching 25% of the population that suffers some type of mental illness.

https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-lhi-topics/Mental-Health

https://nami.org/NAMI/media/NAMI-Media/Infographics/NAMI_YouAreNotAlone_2020_FINAL.pdf

I believe you misunderstood what I wrote. I did not say that "personality" is the same thing as "mental illness"...in fact, I made a clear distinction between extreme cases like anorexics (who are clearly mentally ill) and other healthy people (who may still exhibit a profound lack of self-awareness). That said, any personality trait in the population is going to fall along a continuum - with cases ranging from mild to severe - and studies show that although personality and mental illness are not the same thing, there is some causal connection between the two in certain circumstances. (Two quick examples: people who express introversion are more prone to developing depression,  and people who express mild neurotic tendencies are more prone to developing anxiety disorders).   

That's a separate issue entirely from our rates of mental illness however, which I agree is a MASSIVE problem! I think that probably has multiple root causes --- like more broken households (so less family support for the troubled person, etc.). It's also just more visible today, I think, because we dismantled so much of our institutional framework in recent decades - we have fewer psych beds in the country today than in the 1950's!! As a nation, we've turned a blind eye to the ranks of the severely, chronically mentally ill (those suffering from the most challenging conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc.) Chances are, the typical homeless guy you see in a U.S. city screaming at passersby would have been housed in an institution in decades past... today, he lives out his life under the local bridge (until he eventually dies on the street from disease or violence). Personally? I don't think that's an improvement - for us or him. It seems inhumane to me. But, hey... now we're really drifting the thread...and getting into dark, morbid topics! So, I'll stop now... so people can get back to perky personality insights! :rofl:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always an INTP.   

 

-Not in tune with their own feelings.   -Check

-Tend to avoid conflict and Emotional situations - Check

-spot hole in theory with ease - Check.

 

Add all those up means I'm a pro at pissing off my wife who is an INFP :)

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2021 at 4:23 PM, Krdshrk said:

Supposedly I'm a "ISTP-A" Assertive Virtuoso

No clue wtf that means.

Were homies.  Well it shows were mechanically inclined.  Fixing stuff    inclinded for mechanics of items.  Idk bro. I don’t see it. If so.   Lets put a hemi in my mazda.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, Golf battery said:

 Its just those bullseye paper targets that really piss me off. :wub::diablo:

The bullseye isn't worried, you have to hit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone that knows me really well, please tell me WTF I am & thanks!  Too busy making & writing about history to take the test :) 

And when ya 'splain it to me, don't use abbreviations.

~R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...