EdF

It's Official . . . I'm running for office . . .

My name is Ed Farmer . . . This went on Facebook this morning . . . There will be a more formal announcement later.

It's official . . .
I am a candidate for the New Jersey State Assembly.

I am running in Legislative District 6 which includes the towns of Berlin Township, Cherry Hill, Collingswood, Gibbsboro, Haddon, Haddonfield, Hi-Nella, Maple Shade, Merchantville, Oaklyn, Pennsauken, Somerdale, Stratford, Tavistock, Voorhees.

Our state government is broken. The governor makes up the rules as he goes. Our courts rewrite laws as they see fit. Our legislature sits there fat, dumb and happy that they can escape responsibility for anything that happens.

We have automatic fuel tax increases. We have virtually automatic income tax increases. Property taxes in New Jersey are the highest in the nation with no sign of slowed growth. The government grows and requires more of your money while they assume that you can do with less.

It's time for the people to take control back from the politicians. It's time for the legislature to stand up and take responsibility for what has been going on.

This CAN be done, but we all need to take control and send a message to Trenton by sending new messengers.

If you live in the district, I need your help and support. If you do not, there are others who need you, but I will be happy to hear from all of you. A campaign page will be set up soon, but please don't hesitate to reach out starting today.
  • Like 12

Ed, good luck to you, as I told you earlier, NJ needs people like y’all to help sort out this mess. It’s an uphill battle. 

I’d vote for you, but we are moving later this year. I’ve done my 20, and I’m getting paroled. :rofl:

Republican.  Don’t be bashful while campaigning to let the people know that.  Get ready to lose all of your weekends and freetime while campaigning.  Someone has to do it.  Thanks for stepping up to bat.  Contact your GOP county chairs for campaign funding.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Ed, good luck to you, as I told you earlier, NJ needs people like y’all to help sort out this mess. It’s an uphill battle. 

I’d vote for you, but we are moving later this year. I’ve done my 20, and I’m getting paroled. :rofl:

If you have your mail forwarded you'll get your unsolicited absentee ballot so you can still cast a vote for Ed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xtors said:

Not in your district but good luck!

This is NJ.  It's enough to say you identify as being in his district, and they'll send you a fistful of ballots!

Best of luck, Ed!

• Like 1

Thanks everybody!  There's plenty of time for all of you to move to my district before the election.  I have a spare bedroom and garage plus there's a self-storage building nearby . . . Just bring steaks for the grill!

3 hours ago, EdF said:

Thanks everybody!  There's plenty of time for all of you to move to my district before the election.  I have a spare bedroom and garage plus there's a self-storage building nearby . . . Just bring steaks for the grill!

I mean do we even need to do that. Can't we just happen to be temporarily homeless that day? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Why do we have to move, if they're not checking Id's and if not a issue anymore we could be anybody we want for the day,

I'm sure that you know that I can't comment on any of that . . . 

20 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Sorry it was a joke I wasn't thinking 

You didn't have to delete it!  I was taking the whole thing tongue in cheek . . . I'm not that sensitive or I wouldn't be doing this!