david8613

Tattoo removal, experience? advice? Place to do it?

A friend of mine had one removed, I have no experience with it, but, dark colors come out easier and faster, light colors, baby blue, yellow, colors like that are stubborn and require multiple treatments, to do a small tat that was all dark green, took 5 treatments, he only said it wasn’t cheap, this was 10 years ago. Sorry, all I can help with.  

Years ago I knew a girl who at 17 got a small heart tattoo. Parents had it removed with the laser treatment. Can't give specifics but it took 4 treatments to have it removed. 

She said it was about the same pain as getting it. 

Seems like the methods are all the same these days using the lasers to break down pigments. 

She had a visible scar for a year or 2 after. 

Ethos Spa and Skin in Summit NJ - Dr. Soni

he is a magician. He has a special laser called a “pico” that is like an eraser compared to what most doctors have which are older technology that isn’t very efficient and require many visits with little progress in between

Highly recommended.  He’ll give you a session quote and tell you how many sessions you will need. I needed only 3 to fully erase a 2.5x6” tattoo. When I say erase I mean you can’t see it at all

it is more expensive than other methods but you don’t need nearly as many sessions

if you aren’t near summit, I would say only go to a doctor with this pico laser, save yourself time, money and aggravation

There's another great investment area, invest in tattoo removal companies and equipment. Based on what I see walking the streets, there's going to be a huge business in removing all the tattoos the Millennials had put on, when they enter middle age and say "what the hell was I thinking when I got that?".

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

There's another great investment area, invest in tattoo removal companies and equipment. Based on what I see walking the streets, there's going to be a huge business in removing all the tattoos the Millennials had put on, when they enter middle age and say "what the hell was I thinking when I got that?".

Hopefully, at some point future generations are going to say: Ugh, tattoos! No way, thats what my parents have. 

Of course they will likely be on to something even more degenerate at that point, like a bone in their nose.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, Sniper said:

I was very disjointed in my youth with tattoos....nothing cohesive or symmetrical...

So, sleeves, chest panels, solved that...

On 3/19/2021 at 12:01 PM, Bomber said:

Hopefully, at some point future generations are going to say: Ugh, tattoos! No way, thats what my parents have. 

Of course they will likely be on to something even more degenerate at that point, like a bone in their nose.

... it is nice to see it being so mainstream.....

Man has be adorning their bodies with marks for ages....

j8Qyrm6.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 12:01 PM, Bomber said:

I hope that too, that they realize that they are permanent, and not something that will wash off in the shower.

2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

I was very disjointed in my youth with tattoos....nothing cohesive or symmetrical...

So, sleeves, chest panels, solved that...

... it is nice to see it being so mainstream.....

Man has be adorning their bodies with marks for ages....

I have no issue with someone getting a tat which is symbolic for an event in their life or some similar situation that had a large effect on them. But I was down in Florida two weeks ago, and walking around Key West and other areas, seeing all the women and guys with random tats in random spots, that look like they have no connection to reality, just had me shaking my head.. :scratchhead:This wasn't just rare cases, but I'd say the majority.... and it wasn't the Baby Boomers sporting them, but the younger generations... Years later, I really wonder what they think when they look in the mirror in the morning?

For the first 56 years of my life, I declined invitations to join friends who were going get inked.  My response was, "I still haven't found anything that I'm willing to commit to for the rest of my life."

Then I got two small ones, one on each upper arm.  I have an appointment now for my third.  There is zero danger of my wanting to have any removed.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

I hope that too, that they realize that they are permanent, and not something that will wash off in the shower.

I have no issue with someone getting a tat which is symbolic for an event in their life or some similar situation that had a large effect on them. But I was down in Florida two weeks ago, and walking around Key West and other areas, seeing all the women and guys with random tats in random spots, that look like they have no connection to reality, just had me shaking my head.. :scratchhead:This wasn't just rare cases, but I'd say the majority.... and it wasn't the Baby Boomers sporting them, but the younger generations... Years later, I really wonder what they think when they look in the mirror in the morning?

.....  some just like the art......

Some just want to make a shock statement...

Some want to show adherence to a cult gang group etc.

Many different reasons...  i do not disagree that tramp stamps...GOTTA go...  ;)

I like japanese styles...  but that's me...  

I turn 55 in sept...and i have only begun to explore work i want done...  two chest panels...komainu...  koi, dragin, crane, flowers...etc....

Left leg, right leg, back to buttocks... the only thing left would be the balance of the chest to complete to suit..but that is a mighty painful area..

Clothed you couldn't tell.....suit?  No chance...

But when i look in the mirror in the morning ...i look at what art and meaning i can carry for the rest of my days and into the next life.