Ouchthathurts

Finding a local range seems challenging

Hello everyone,

I live in shamong nj and finding a rifle range has been a challenge. Calls have gone unanswered to inquire about membership including those to range 14 and nothing seems reasonably close. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for anything near the medford area? Just recieving my fid card, im eager to get in some range time and sight in some new optics. 

South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow is one of my 2 home ranges. New member intake happens twice a month.

Well worth the $250/yr single membership there.

Check it out https://sjerseyshootingclub.com/

Attend one of the scheduled Saturday shooting events on the back range(s) - open to non-members alike. The gate is locked open on event mornings.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ouchthathurts said:

I cant seem to figure out if they supply the target stands or not. Does anyone know? 

They usually charge like $3 for the wood target stands and let you borrow a post hoe digger to put them up. We bring other targets and staple them to those stands, so we can replace when they become too "holy".

1 hour ago, Ouchthathurts said:

Thanks sniper! I'm going to buy a bunch of targets there. 

I toyed with bringing my own targets but at $3-4 it’s more convenient to buy theirs and throw more self-adhesive targets on the cardboard as your shoot.  

You would want to bring your own if you were going to hang things to shoot at:  jugs, cans, whatever since the ones you buy there are a 1x2 board and cardboard staples on.   

Having only been to R14 a few times over the past 15 years, my biggest complaints are the range-wide cease fires every 20 minutes and the rule about placing steel only at full distance (~225 yds)

Personally, I much prefer the two ranges I belong to, South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow (Camden County) and Cumberland Riflemen in Millville (Cumberland County)

Participation in the TriCounty Rifle League has allowed me to shoot rifle at other outdoor ranges, including Square Circle Sportsmen in Gibbsboro, Hutton Hill in Winslow, USANA in Elmer, Telco in Atco and Holmesburg Fish and Game across the river in Philly. I've also shot rifle matches at Central Jersey, but currently their matches are only open to their own members, though I expect that will change soon.

I'm glad you found a range to shoot at @Ouchthathurts, and if @Sniper could assure that his girl with the shovel, pictured a few posts up from this one, would be there to dig holes for me, I'd be at R14 in half a heartbeat just to watch her sweat!! :superman: