Sign in to follow this  
NJ-Tom

Problem with a Bushnell Trophy red dot

Let me start by saying I am new to scopes and sights. I have a Bushnell Trophy sight that I am struggling with; when I look through the sight I see 3-4 crosshairs, or a blurry dot (no, I am not drunk). Is this a defective unit? Am I doing something wrong? I had my wife try the scope and she said the same thing, is this because we are nearsighted and wear glasses? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, I have a Bushnell trophy on my Ruger Mark II and it's not blurry. If you bring it all the way up to your face does it get clear? Maybe I'll try to get a picture of it tonight if you don't get this sorted.

When I look through my Trophy at arms length, the reticles are slightly blurry(very slightly) because I need new glasses. Up close they are sharp.

Is the reticle selector part way between detents? Try manually twisting it a little either direction and see if the image clears up.

After reading Richie's post about taking a a picture I did the same thing. I don't see multiple images in the photo but I see a second crosshair (or dot , or circle) to the right and below the original, I called Bushnell tech line and they referred to it as a superimposed image. They asked me to send the unit in to be checked and realigned, additionally the tech guy stated (off the record) some people that have an astigmatism may have a little more problem with this type of sight. I've always worn glasses to see far but in the last 2-3 years seeing close has also become a problem, Bushnell says a regular scope with an adjustment to the eyepiece may serve me better. 46 years old and eyesight is becoming a problem :(

I'm actually thinking of getting a 2x red dot because my eyes stink. I'm not far behind you NJtom and I've had corrective lenses all my life. It's gotten to the point that I can't see near or far so well.

Sucks to get old. Ah well, I guess that's why they make 30x scopes.

After reading Richie's post about taking a a picture I did the same thing. I don't see multiple images in the photo but I see a second crosshair (or dot , or circle) to the right and below the original, I called Bushnell tech line and they referred to it as a superimposed image. They asked me to send the unit in to be checked and realigned, additionally the tech guy stated (off the record) some people that have an astigmatism may have a little more problem with this type of sight. I've always worn glasses to see far but in the last 2-3 years seeing close has also become a problem, Bushnell says a regular scope with an adjustment to the eyepiece may serve me better. 46 years old and eyesight is becoming a problem :(

Just make sure your camera is focusing on the reticle properly. If your camera is digital us the macro setting.