Bklynracer

Microsoft in Talks to Buy Discord for More Than $10 Billion

54 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Article says they are just in talks

No deal is imminent; Discord may opt to go public instead

either way i think its a bad deal for Discord users..  if Microsoft buys, you can kiss you guns and ammo discussion/sales goodbye..  Same if they go public.. the investors, directors, etc will all be woke just like every other popular tech or media outlet. Discord has been a little bit off the beaten path of the typical mainstream online user..  that wont be the case in the future

• Agree 1

By April of last year, 2021, they stopped discussions of a buyout.

Microsoft wanted nothing more than their own social platform to mine user data. They tried to buy Twitter and Pintrest as well. 

I'm not sure if Discord recognized the potential of going public , or they plan on continuing to build the platform to sell at a higher price. I would hope they recognize that companies like Microsoft will gut the platform to a shell of its former self. 

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

By April of last year, 2021, they stopped discussions of a buyout.

Microsoft wanted nothing more than their own social platform to mine user data. They tried to buy Twitter and Pintrest as well. 

I'm not sure if Discord recognized the potential of going public , or they plan on continuing to build the platform to sell at a higher price. I would hope they recognize that companies like Microsoft will gut the platform to a shell of its former self. 

There were a lot of cultural issues, but at the end of the day it was about money. Discord thought they were worth more than ms did.