Viet Vet voted for biden!

Most of you members know I have been around for awhile. I had a Viet Vet to my house buying some ammo. Subject got around to biden! LOL. Vet says he voted for biden! I asked why? Why vote for biden who opened borders and gives illegals healthcare, foodstamps, housing for free??? Biden "would not do that" I was told! I said he is, why would you vote for biden? He is taking the US down!! 

I was told he would not give illegals all that, and besides Trump did not like Mccain!  I said, you voted for biden because Trump didn't like McCain?

This vet states about his full auto weapons he has in Fla. I can't believe the ignorance of some people. There is no arguing with stupidity!

• Agree 1
  • Crazy 1

40 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

I had a Viet Vet to my house buying some ammo. Subject got around to biden! LOL. Vet says he voted for biden! 

I would've canceled the sale and kicked his ass out of my house right then and there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

I would've canceled the sale and kicked his ass out of my house right then and there.

I was paid and he had the ammo in hand. I had 2 brothers in country same time. 67-68. Lost one 2 years ago to that orange shit. Other has severe PTSD for 40 years now. Both 100% ers. So of course I felt some empathy for this guy! BUT, the McCain comment was the last straw! He must have seen my veins popping!

Let me start by relating an experience from my US Army Officer Advanced Course which started in August 1988. I was the only Vietnam and combat experienced soldier in the class.  No I wasn't a special operator, assassin, sniper, or any of that I was a regular soldier.  Nothing against my classmates. They just didn't have a war to get involved in and according to what I know, when they did, they all performed admirably.

Military people like order.  As a result most of them are conservatives.  The 88 election was coming up and there was one guy in the class who was going to vote for Dukakis.  Everyone bombarded him and convinced him, by his admission, to vote for Bush. Although misguided we all got him to vote for the best candidate.  You don't get someone to come over to your side by calling them stupid.

Fast forward to today.  I showed a meme to a liberal comparing quotes from Teddy Roosevelt (one of my boyhood heroes),  JFK (the last real Democrat), Trump, and Biden.

The Biden quote was the one from HIS ONLY press conference he's held, where he says "If you want to get something done..." and ends it with, "like to be able to...uh oh...anyway".

They zeroed in on "Trump is far from articulate".

I said ignore the Trump quote,  how does Biden compare to TR and JFK?  The response? Yeah, but neither does Trump.

I discussed this with my niece who is working on her masters in psychology.  Much more professional opinion than mine in this field (Yeah, she voted Trump in 2016 and 2020).

She said this is all a sign of Obessive Compulsive Disorder.  No matter what the question they turn it against Trump. I have to agree.  There are millions of people in this country suffering from OCD in this country.

For those who say Trump didn't meet their expectations, you are totally ignorant of American politics.  It's not about who gives you everything.  It's about who gives you most of what you want. Also any POTUS will really show you how they feel in their 2nd term.  They don't have to worry about reelection.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There was no arguing with the Vet. I saw he was set in his ways, All I could really do was shake my head  and state McCain and Trump just didn't care for each other. I know people could not stand Trump for his tweets or his comments. But, he was GREAT for the USA!  Leave the personal issues aside!. When I stated that biden is supporting free healthcare and housing and transportation for illegals. The Vet stated, "He would not do that"!

All I could do was shake my head. I saw there was no arguing with him.

• Like 1