Navy 7.62X51 Garands

When other services went to M14s, Navy decided to rebuild the Garand to 7.62X51. Pretty rare with 3 different barrels. Receivers were pulled from rifles that needed rebuild. This is a copy of a listing that just sold.  Rare CMP MK2 Mod 0 Springfield Barreled receiver USN Mod 0 1.7M serial with original correct 5-43 SA Barrel with H&R mod markings. Muzzle is slightly over 2+ nice bore and rifling. Comes with original hang tag - I have the cert somewhere if/when I locate it I will provide to buyer. Asking $900 + ship... Payment discreet PP FF, USPS Money Order, Personal Check. Standard forum rules apply - first "I'll take it" gets it...

This Springfield Armory M1 Garand rifle was originally made back in 1943. Its barreled receiver was converted to a 7.62mm NATO chambered M1 MK2 MOD 0 between 1962 and 1965. The conversions were done as a Navy contract by Harrington & Richardson Arms. The M1 Garand Mk2 MOD 0 barreled receiver was purchased from Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) in 2012.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

28 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Those look great.  More sourced from the Garand forums?  I really gotta get on there to keep an eye out for one...

Gotta remember, I am retired, so get pick of posts. As soon as these were posted, I jumped on them. Very rare and did not want the MOD 0 that has a barrel liner conversion. These are full barrel swap conversion.

39 minutes ago, 15636215 said:

Gotta remember, I am retired, so get pick of posts. As soon as these were posted, I jumped on them. Very rare and did not want the MOD 0 that has a barrel liner conversion. These are full barrel swap conversion.

Let me know if you find a nice shooter for a good price (sub $1k), I'd appreciate it :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Let me know if you find a nice shooter for a good price (sub $1k), I'd appreciate it :)

It seems that the going price on garands has gone up. There is a barreled receiver that I have been watching for 790.00 plus shipping.  But most now are running 1200+