Krdshrk

4/15/21 - Murphy's dropping more "Gun safety reforms"

lets make this guy ( https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=419 ) the new governor.... why you ask???

because he actually cares and responds to emails:   

I sent him the below email (black and red text) after the Murphy presser...and about 30 min later his response in bracketed text

Agreed. 

Tony

Here's my beef on these items (taken 1 by 1).

• Reworking the Firearms Identification Card system (FID) to include mandatory firearms safety course completion to even those who own firearms.
Why do I have to jump through more hoops to get a FID card.  I already need references, a clean criminal record, and fingerprints.  (All that's missing is a note from my mother and a 4 page essay on why I want to own a gun). Plus if the purpose of all this is to prevent crime, why even add the safety course?  I can see it now ... all the members of MS-13 are at the range today to get their required safety course done.    FYI - my wife did get professional training when she got her FID and firearm.
  • Legislation which would require mandatory storage.  
I already have a large safe in my basement and a vaultek safe in each night stand.  BTW, the vaulteks are really really nice storage units.  I am not against the safe storage of my firearms, I just don't want to feel that my storage habits could be subject to an inspection by the state police.  And what exactly does this have to do with street crime?
  • Raising the age to 21 for FID card issuance for long guns
Ya well, when I was growing up the official drinking age was 18 and we all survived.  So in NJ if you were 18 and wanted a gun you would need to join the army?
  • Microstamping.  This legislation would require all new semi-automatic handguns to be equipped with microstamping technology
This technology doesn't work, and I can't tell you how often I have found used brass in my pocket a few days after being at the range.  My wife now has to check her shoes for trapped brass in her soles, after we found some of our brass in our neighbor's yard.
What's the point anyway, after a shooting the police can trace the casing to a legally owned firearm?  Don't most crimes get committed using illegally owned weapons?  If I was a criminal (which I am not), I would simply sprinkle other people's brass to obfuscate my involvement assuming that I, again as a criminal mastermind, decided to legally register my gun    
  • Forced market acceptance of “smart guns” by mandating that gun shops sell them
I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no market whatsoever for this hardware, despite the guys at NJIT who think otherwise.  Telling the FFL that they have to hold this stuff in inventory will result in them painting their compliance sample gold and putting it in a trophy case high on the wall.
  • A .50 Caliber ban.  This is a firearm that weighs about 30 lbs.
You probably can count on one hand with 9 fingers to spare the number of people who legally own a 50 cal weapon in Morris county.  BTW how many crimes got committed with a 50 cal round last year?
  • Electronic registering of all ammunition sales.
I would like to see this go in the other direction.  All the shops, customers, think the current paper system is a needless pain in the backside.  Riddle me this batman, has the current paper system ever been used to even partially solve a crime?  
  • Registering of firearms brought into the state by residents relocating to New Jersey.  
This is the same stupidity that almost had Born To Run become the official state song (even though the song is actually about getting OUT of NJ).  We won't even talk about how In The Navy by The Village People was an angel's breath away from becoming the US Navy's recruiting anthem.  I doubt this is a big problem, it's just another way that some poor guy who never knowingly broke the law can accidentally find himself facing a felony charge.

Edited by nighthawk33
blue text not viewable
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

...i am here 28yrs...this is my home, no my house...my wife corrects me that our home is where we are this is just a house...

If your young, go....  middle age...go  older ...go

When you're 28 everything is easy breezy.

Wait until you have senior parents to take care of, they don't transplant well and can't be left behind.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:11 PM, chencaerulescens said:

"Half of gun homicides occur in only five cities" ... but if you don't live in these five cities we will  punish you anyway because you probably didn't vote for us.

Yeah, honestly... I was really surprised he uttered that little truth out loud. It flies in the face of his often repeated claim that there's a gun violence epidemic all across the state... which of course, there isn't. There's a violence epidemic in the worst neighborhoods of our inner cities. In all the other communities, gun crime is pretty rare.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bomber said:

When you're 28 everything is easy breezy.

Wait until you have senior parents to take care of, they don't transplant well and can't be left behind.

I'm 54....  my wife is 53....we lived in jersey for 28 yrs....  my Dads on SI ..Moms dead...my wife parents are on LI....   if they chpose to m9ve great...if not that's on them

Cal30 m1 is right, life is too short to be unhappy where you live. The gun laws and inability protect yourself outside the home is only one of the many issues I have here in Joisey. The insane taxes, noise, pollution, traffic, rising violent crime and petty crimes which all effect the quality of life here. If I didn't have kids, I would have exited the state already. The "stand and fight" crowd have a valid point, but I feel their being overly optimistic. You just do not have the numbers here to make any positive change in our favor. Yes, there have been many new gun owners in NJ over the last year, but I doubt they will change their voting habits as they instinctively vote for the same party that will eventually disarm them. I recently read a book called "American Insurgent" by Phil Rabalais, it's a fictional story of what appears to be coming our way and fast! I recommend it, it's a great book.

24 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

I'm 54....  my wife is 53....we lived in jersey for 28 yrs....  my Dads on SI ..Moms dead...my wife parents are on LI....   if they chpose to m9ve great...if not that's on them

Okay, that makes sense.

I was a little puzzled at a 28 year old with "CAL. 30 M1" profile?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Cal30 m1 is right, life is too short to be unhappy where you live., rising violent crime and petty crimes which all effect the quality of life here.

Actually outside of a few cites N.J. is a low crime state.

Some of the popular destination states have far higher property and other crime rates than N.J.

15 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Actually outside of a few cites N.J. is a low crime state.

Some of the popular destination states have far higher property and other crime rates than N.J.

My point was a general one regarding violent and petty crime. The petty crime in my area has gone up and has effected the quality of life.

15 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, honestly... I was really surprised he uttered that little truth out loud. It flies in the face of his often repeated claim that there's a gun violence epidemic all across the state... which of course, there isn't. There's a violence epidemic in the worst neighborhoods of our inner cities. In all the other communities, gun crime is pretty rare.

His NJSP puts it all online

C2169C34-5775-4F51-962E-E305796172A0.jpeg

10 minutes ago, siderman said:

Only critical pc of data missing from those charts is a racial(!!!)  breakdown. That will explode some heads.

I like how they have a “victim breakdown” that contains zero information about the victims. It’s more of a “shooter aim breakdown”

3 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Obviously all those 9mm AR’s are a huge problem:

0B3CDB37-B35E-45E6-A963-30B68F13EE98.jpeg

Way more crimes with >.50 cals than I thought.  No wonder they want to ban em.

Look at that chart, 9!!! .556 cal guns, 5! .762 cal, plus a .65, a .6 cal, and a .57 cal!

It IS a goddamn epidemic. Im surprised any of us are even alive.

I understand the need to ban those weapons of war, each obviously capable of taking out an entire refinery, plane, or school with one shot.

• Haha 1

Whoever put that chart together knows absolutely nothing about ammunition! I'm shocked they got 9mm right instead of calling it .9 cal.

I would love to see a list of how many died from the bayonet lug, flash hider, shoulder thing that goes up, folding and collapsible stocks, fully semi automatics and high capacity clips!

• Like 1

i would just like to see some of these gun rights orgs go after nj's laws the way that they should.....present this entire scheme as illegal, because it is in fact illegal the way nj does it. but none will, 'cause it's more profitable to treat the disease than it is to cure the disease.

32 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Whoever put that chart together knows absolutely nothing about ammunition! I'm shocked they got 9mm right instead of calling it .9 cal.

I would love to see a list of how many died from the bayonet lug, flash hider, shoulder thing that goes up, folding and collapsible stocks, fully semi automatics and high capacity clips!

@JohnnyB there's drive by bayonetings just about every day!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, siderman said:

Only critical pc of data missing from those charts is a racial(!!!)  breakdown. 

And location and gender - The third rails of gun control politics.

That would should the vast majority of gun crime in N.J is highly concentrated in a few geographical areas committed by small disproportionate male segment of the population and mostly against others of the same group.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I'm very familiar with the Gun STAT reports... and even the regular crime stats (also published on NJSP website) show that per capita crime rates (for a variety of crimes) are through the roof in only a handful of NJ's worst cities. You know, the usual offenders, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Irvington, etc.

And yet, all of those reports have been sitting there for the entire time Murphy has been in office and NONE of that has ever kept him from wrongly presenting this as a "state-wide epidemic" even when it's simply not true. It's a localized problem requiring localized solutions. I was just surprised... because this is the first time, to my knowledge, that he's ever dropped a truth nugget about gun crime in one of his speeches. I just found it out of pattern for him.

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

That would should the vast majority of gun crime in N.J is highly concentrated in a few geographical areas committed by small disproportionate male segment of the population and mostly against others of the same group.

The vast majority of gun crime in N.J is highly concentrated in a few black areas committed by black males and mostly against other blacks.

I hate political correctness!  We should be respectful of others regardless of color, gender, religion but we don't need to be stupid! Unfortunately, political correctness has gone completely berserk in today's wacky left wing, woke society! :(