Krdshrk

4/15/21 - Murphy's dropping more "Gun safety reforms"

On 4/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

the regular crime stats (also published on NJSP website) show that per capita crime rates (for a variety of crimes) are through the roof in only a handful of NJ's worst cities. You know, the usual offenders, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Irvington, etc.

And yet, all of those reports have been sitting there for the entire time Murphy has been in office and NONE of that has ever kept him from wrongly presenting this as a "state-wide epidemic" even when it's simply not true. 

Thats because Murphy and the left are lying, sickening hypocrites.

They don't give two shits about crime or the victims and never have, only using them as a means to disarm the other eight+ million law abiding people in N.J. 

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Bomber said:

When you're 28 everything is easy breezy.

Wait until you have senior parents to take care of, they don't transplant well and can't be left behind.

I'll do you one better.

Wait until you yourself is a senior parent and is now living in a senior building in order to make financial ends meet.

I have 100+ neighbors here who would absolutely shit themselves if they knew the extent of my totally legal collection.

And hearing the discussions in the lobby about the 'situation of the day' and how great 46 is after 45 ruined the country raises by blood pressure by unhealthy amounts.

So I remember the adage about not arguing with a fool because people might not be able to tell the difference.

And I go on living MY life. RSO shifts, teaching the kids in Junior Rifle basic safety and marksmanship, and running matches at the range, and sometimes just old fashioned plinking at the range.

Now if ammo were plentiful and cheap again ...  Ahhhhhhhh.... for the old days :(

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bomber said:

Thats because Murphy and the left are lying, sickening hypocrites.

They don't give two shits about crime or the victims and never have, only using them as a means to disarm the other eight+ million law abiding people in N.J. 

This...They indeed do not give a STEAMING SHIT about crime victims. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, 45Doll said:

"Falcon" is the top manufacturer of weapons? Who the hell is Falcon? And 'Spesco"?

Have I missed something the last 12 years?

Spesco was an importer of inexpensive firearms based in Atlanta.  Falcon was one of the revolvers they imported.  AFAIK they've been out of business for some time.

I took a look at several months of NJGunStat data, and Falcon was listed as the top 'manufacturer' of guns used in crimes. More than S&W, Glock, Sig etc. How the hell could that happen?

Did Falcon Arms run all kinds of cheap guns into Newark or something.? Even if they did that doesn't make them a manufacturer.

I did see links between Spesco and Taurus, probably as an importer.

11 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Ok so the stats are shown...the stats are BS....

Where is the constant push from the 2a groups to argue the false narrative from the state, other than preaching to the choir...?

i got a better question. considering that all firearms in nj are illegal(with exceptions and exemptions)  where is the constant push from nj 2a groups and lawyers to get this entire scheme tossed?

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i got a better question. considering that all firearms in nj are illegal(with exceptions and exemptions)  where is the constant push from nj 2a groups and lawyers to get this entire scheme tossed?

...*cough cough*...  where does Scott bach maintain residence.....   where does...  the fat man..... ?  

The very livelihood and the life they lead is funded by your oppression... 

Wake up..

8 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I took a look at several months of NJGunStat data, and Falcon was listed as the top 'manufacturer' of guns used in crimes. More than S&W, Glock, Sig etc. How the hell could that happen?

Did Falcon Arms run all kinds of cheap guns into Newark or something.? Even if they did that doesn't make them a manufacturer.

I did see links between Spesco and Taurus, probably as an importer.

That Falcon Arms may be new IDK.  I believe the old Falcon imported Taurus back in the 70s.  Taurus in the 70s was a decent gun but most didn't pay any attention to Taurus until the 80s.

I know I'm at odds with a lot of people about Taurus but I have a Taurus model 66 I bought in 1988 for $85 (half the price of a S&W M19 at the time) that's had a bazillion 357s through it that has given me no problems.  Not as good of a trigger like a Smith but I'd never sell that revolver!!!

How many of these shootings were done with legal guns, Murph? Start handing out punishment that fits the crime.

Bring back the death penalty. That might be more effective than these dumbass laws.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

...*cough cough*...  where does Scott bach maintain residence.....   where does...  the fat man..... ?  

Wake up..

it's not just them. which org was it that was all happy and giggly about our fPid going digital? why aren't they fighting them like that? this is why not a single nj carry case will win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FDHog said:

How many of these shootings were done with legal guns, Murph? Start handing out punishment that fits the crime.

Bring back the death penalty. That might be more effective than these dumbass laws.

Years ago I went to several "town forums` being held addressing the problem of gun violence. During public q&a I asked how many gun crimes are done by holders of a FPID? Lots ofhead nods and murmering from the audience. No answer other than we'll get back to you. I  made sure they had my contact info for just that. Still waiting.

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:07 AM, CMJeepster said:

Where does this come from?

On 4/16/2021 at 9:07 AM, CMJeepster said:

Requiring 3 NOTORIZED references.

I got my FID a long time ago and haven't got a permit to purchase in a long time, but in both cases I had to give the name and address for 3 references, who were sent forms to fill out in regard to my character and required to send them back to my local PD notarized Maybe things .  have changed since then? 

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for the requirement after reading your Where does this come from? reply, but if you look at page 1 "First Time Applicants for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit" It references what I'm talking about.

Microsoft Word - 1. WEB INSTRUCTIONS FOR FA APPS Bogdan 05.13.14 (njsp.org)

3 minutes ago, fslater said:

I got my FID a long time ago and haven't got a permit to purchase in a long time, but in both cases I had to give the name and address for 3 references, who were sent forms to fill out in regard to my character and required to send them back to my local PD notarized Maybe things .  have changed since then? 

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for the requirement after reading your Where does this come from? reply, but if you look at page 1 "First Time Applicants for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit" It references what I'm talking about.

For FPIC and PtPP you have to provide 2 references. For a permit to carry a handgun you need 3 references.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

For FPIC and PtPP you have to provide 2 references. For a permit to carry a handgun you need 3 references.

I found the form and your correct 3 vs 2 was my mistake. But I thought the gist of what Jeepster was saying was notarized references weren't required

5 minutes ago, fslater said:

I found the form and your correct 3 vs 2 was my mistake. But I thought the gist of what Jeepster was saying was notarized references weren't required

I have never had to have references get anything notarized. Before FARS, the Sargent at NJSP who dealt with my apps used to call the references - he never even sent them anything, let alone needed anything signed returned to him.

When I did a carry permit application through him he needed my referees to sign a form, but that was it - still no notary needed.

There are towns that illegally add to the paperwork needed demanded, including notarized forms. The statute specifically says they are not allowed to do that.

40 minutes ago, fslater said:

Still nothing about notarizing of anything for FPID or P2P, just carry.

1 hour ago, fslater said:

i've only ever had to give 2 references including this past summer.

3 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

For FPID cards and Pistol Purchase Permits nowadays under the FARS system, reference checks are now done by automated emails, 

Oh, really?

So now the state is demanding the e-mail address of references?

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've only ever had to give 2 references including this past summer.

What's the big deal with e-mail, when they have the actual addresses. They could probably find your e-mail address if they wanted to anyway. BTW, I had to give 3 and got my PtP's in 19 days.

20 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Wake up..

Do tell? seriously i would like to know. I thought these guys were on our side.

1 hour ago, FDHog said:

What's the big deal with e-mail, when they have the actual addresses. They could probably find your e-mail address if they wanted to anyway. 

More hoops to jump through, more data collection and invasions of privacy.

I'm not in any rush to buy another handgun. 

With no concealed carry allowed in N.J it makes little sense to have multiple handguns, you can't even shoot them at WMA ranges.