Krdshrk

4/15/21 - Murphy's dropping more "Gun safety reforms"

10 hours ago, NJRulz said:

"The bill requires the legal owner of a firearm to store or secure a firearm that is not in use, unloaded, in a gun safe or securely locked box or container. Downey said it also mandates that the legal owner of the firearm store the ammunition separately in a securely locked box or container."

At least their going with 100% violation of the explicit decision in Heller.  Doesn’t even need any fuzzy interpretation of “common use”.  It’s exactly What SCOTUS ruled was in violation.  

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

secure a firearm that is not in use,

It's simple......The guns in my house are always in use!  I am using them at all times to defend myself and my family from a potential intrusion that could occur at any time!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

47 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

It's simple......The guns in my house are always in use!  I am using them at all times to defend myself and my family from a potential intrusion that could occur at any time!

You don’t understand. In use means during the act of firing.  So you have to unlock the ammo and load the firearm after pulling the trigger.  

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

You don’t understand. In use means during the act of firing.  So you have to unlock the ammo and load the firearm after pulling the trigger.  

That's your interpretation!  Not mine!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Does your interpretation include sarcasm?

Absolutely no sarcasm....I will not comply, it's just that simple! I have a God given Constitutional right to bear arms and I will answer to no man!

20 hours ago, NJRulz said:

"The bill requires the legal owner of a firearm to store or secure a firearm that is not in use, unloaded, in a gun safe or securely locked box or container. Downey said it also mandates that the legal owner of the firearm store the ammunition separately in a securely locked box or container."

My home is a securely locked container.

And I use trans-separate ammo-even though it appears to be loaded, the ammo identifies as being in a separate container.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm smirking as I type this, should be a good indicator of what I think of this new storage bill. They should just go all out and make a law banning all weapons in the home period! Why not? They clearly don't give a shit about Heller V DC and McDonald V Chicago! 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-attack-multiple-firearms-recovered-arrested

Dawkins faces charges of unlawful possession of a weapon, unlawful possession of a large capacity magazine, certain person not to have a weapon and possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose. 

Gov. Phil Murphy said the attack was a "microcosm in gun violence" seen nationwide. He spoke strongly in support of further gun control, particularly in the wake of the shooting. 

"This incident only strengthens my resolve that New Jersey leads the nation in gun safety," he added. "We can’t put our heads in the sand and say this is the price we pay in a free society." 

So all the highly restrictive gun laws already in place could not stop this crime (including the "large capacity" mag ban) but more laws would have helped here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-attack-multiple-firearms-recovered-arrested

So all the highly restrictive gun laws already in place could not stop this crime (including the "large capacity" mag ban) but more laws would have helped here?

In his world, yes.

Janet Reno was the epitome of the logic the left uses when it comes to "gun safety".

After Columbine she stated at a press conference we need more gun laws.  A reporter got to ask her what does she say to those that say we should just enforce the laws we have.  Her response?

"It doesn't make a difference if we don't enforce them, we just need more laws"

This from the Attorney General of the US.

• FacePalm 1