Jump to content
Krdshrk

4/15/21 - Murphy's dropping more "Gun safety reforms"

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

Thats not an easy option for a lot of people; family, older parents, careers, etc.

Now with real estate prices sky high and inventory plummeting in desirable locations the numbers don't work like they once did, i.e. cashing out expensive northeast real estate and purchasing a larger or less expensive property elsewhere. 

Not really....  life is to short to be unhappy....  you choose your own path...  make a new one, you might like it more.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Not really....  life is to short to be unhappy....  you choose your own path...  make a new one, you might like it more.

 My point was it's not easy or even possible for some people to just pack up and move hundreds or thousand of miles out of state. 

If you did, great, I'm happy for you, not all of us have that luxury.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to cost me either lots of money to stay, or lots of time to commute. The indoctrination in the school system is my primary concern. I don't want my kids to become leftist commie fascist a-holes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucky (all the money he has and he never had his teeth fixed) apparently is ignoring Maryland's experience with microstamping.  You younger guys Google Bucky Beaver to know what I'm talking about.

MD passed a microstamping law in 2000.  MDSP was tasked with collecting casings.  The MDSP pled to the legislators in 2015 to repeal this law.  They had spent 15 years and $5,000,000 collecting over 300,000 cartridge cases.  Not one crime was solved with this. The MDSP said they could have used the money for other productive things. 

Larry Hogan, a Republican, immediately signed the repeal of the microstamping law in 2015.  The casings were sold as scrap.. BTW, Hogan also signed the biggest tax cuts in the history of MD.

MD seems Democrat but every few terms elects a Republican to bring the state back to its senses.  That's what we can use in NJ.  That's a start.

Too many look at politics as an either or. NJ will self destruct if more Murphys are elected.  Fight!!!!

FWIW, when I worked in Baltimore, William Donald Schafer was mayor.  One of the last old time Democrats. Law and Order guy.  Didn't travel in a convoy. One detective drove him in a Buick or Oldsmobile.  When they had a rash of bank robberies before Christmas (Cops on the forum will understand this) when the have nots want to have, Schafer started the bank patrol. Two cops with shotguns would randomly stop at banks. The robberies continued. Until the bank patrol stopped at a robbery in progress. Smoked the two bank robbers.

The bank robberies stopped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It's going to cost me either lots of money to stay, or lots of time to commute. The indoctrination in the school system is my primary concern. I don't want my kids to become leftist commie fascist a-holes. 

I does not matter how well you raise them.......College WILL ruin all the good you did as a parent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

 apparently is ignoring Maryland's experience with microstamping.  You younger guys Google Bucky Beaver to know what I'm talking about.

Facts, logic, experience, crime stats mean nothing. 

This is typical leftist incrementalism to move the agenda forward.. Propose eight reforms, settle for one or two, until the next time.. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Stand and Fight.  You can't just retreat... Look at Virginia and Florida.  Just moving out doesn't help - because the wave of blue moves too.

I'd retreat if I could.

Regardless of the what happens with gun laws the 2015  fair housing commission ruling is on track to wreck whats left of N.J. suburban towns. 

There are soviet style apartment buildings with hundreds of units each in the works all over N.J. and local tows can't do a damn thing about it. If they fight the builders sue and the courts take over and plan it out for them. 

Parsippany alone has over a thousand units proposed so far and more on the way.

These new tenants are urban transplants and are not going to be voting republican.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I does not matter how well you raise them.......College WILL ruin all the good you did as a parent!

@JohnnyB I saw this back in the 70s.  Had a Liberal psychology professor. Was going to give me a D for a course I needed a C for.  I told him I needed to talk with him because he said I was stupid.   He said I didn't call you stupid and I don't have time for this now.. I said if you're giving me a D you're calling me stupid.  Then I grabbed his suit and put his pear shaped body against the wall and said, "If you're giving me a D you're saying I'm stupid".

This all started when the professor would say something and I knew a personal experience when the opposite happened. Not trying to sharpshoot him, just trying to learn.  He would tell me it didn't happen although I know it did.

BLUF I appealed this grade. Wound up with a B.  If I did what I did then I would have wound up in jail 

Fast forward to today. My niece graduated with a BA in psychology in June 2020. Going for her masters now because she knows a BA is crap in the field.

She's a smart woman. Told me she tells professors what they want to hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Stand and Fight.  You can't just retreat... Look at Virginia and Florida.  Just moving out doesn't help - because the wave of blue moves too.

If you keep retreating, soon there will no longer be anywhere to retreat to.

Again guns are but ONE reason....

 

However, it is apparent nothing is changing here... you know it....  others know it....  ranges and associations know it...  attorneys know it.

 

Think of it as not a retreat but a consolidation of forces to more favorable battlefield...

States will and can push back....some states won't...  

LIFE is too short to be unhappy....  12k a year in taxes is insane....  8k a year in car insurance and we have stellar records...  is insane...

This state does not have the representation in numbers to flip the switch the other way.... 

If you are not plugged INTO the gun community there is NO community... 

 

Meaning i see no pro gun media, I see no pro gun advancement, I see NOTHING pushed outward by the ANJRPC for engagement to other groups... all the gun groups in nj do, is preach to the same old choir...with the same old rhetoric, using the same old mantras.

The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over again and again and expecting a different outcome.

Sorry man, its just a fact....  

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bomber said:

 My point was it's not easy or even possible for some people to just pack up and move hundreds or thousand of miles out of state. 

If you did, great, I'm happy for you, not all of us have that luxury.

Its not, not at all....even if you are able it is not easy....i am here 28yrs...this is my home, no my house...my wife corrects me that our home is where we are this is just a house...

If your young, go....  middle age...go  older ...go

There is life outside of pizza bagels pork roll or taylor ham....  this state is crumbling..dont get caught under the landslide..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

. The robberies continued. Until the bank patrol stopped at a robbery in progress. Smoked the two bank robbers.

The bank robberies stopped.

THESE days, there'd be a dozen attorneys lined up to represent the families of the robbers......and the good cops would end up on trial. 'cause yaknow? the robbers were goooooood bois......

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bomber said:

Facts, logic, experience, crime stats mean nothing. 

This is typical leftist incrementalism to move the agenda forward.. Propose eight reforms, settle for one or two, until the next time.. 

 

ok. we'll give them something. they can ban ONE SINGLE model of 50 cal in exchange for becoming "shall issue"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Re:

Training - Since it is a "right" (hahahahahaha...this is NJ...oh, I made myself sad. :cray:), will we be implementing training for any other "rights?" 

I'm guessing the state of NJ will also manage to set some sort of fee for this training as proof of completion, and that fee will of course be a reasonable sum of only $500 (to the state) and that courses will obviously only be available february 29th or the 5th Wednesday of any month.

This should be a talking point in the courts.... almost any gun control advocates argument could be shot down by using their own voting rights arguments against them. for instance.... requiring ID... requirement to get finger prints at the only (one) state sanctioned  company.

Charging $65 (probably higher since I got mine years ago) for getting digital finger prints when municipal PDs could do it free, in order to "QUALIFY TO EXERCIZE A RIGHT.

Requiring 3 NOTORIZED references. What is the justification the state uses for requiring any references whatsoever when they run criminal back ground checks at 3 agencies federal (nics) state and local levels. Why (via references) does does a citizen have to prove anything in order to exercise a right, much less prove by requiring an unevolved 3rd party to extend an effort and pay a (notarizing) fee to do so

The justification for issuing authorities IGNORING the 30 day issuing STATUTE is public safety, while gov beaver makes the state a sanctuary for ILLEGAL ALIENS. And Brags about giving ILEGAL ALIENS drivers licenses (state issued ID).

I'm not a lawyer, but when I see all the precedents (the list goes on and or above and beyond what I've cited) set to forward radical liberal ideology I have to wonder why arguments are not made to expose laws that contradict the precedents they themselves made to forward their own agenda, in an apples to apples comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Stand and Fight.  You can't just retreat... Look at Virginia and Florida.  Just moving out doesn't help - because the wave of blue moves too.

If you keep retreating, soon there will no longer be anywhere to retreat to.

Sometimes a sinking ship actually sinks, no matter how fast you bail or how loud you scream. Dont think of it as a retreat but a tactical reallocation of forces to higher ground. In my case that is FL.  Show me a indicator of NJ getting better. Political? Economical? Demographical? Remember hope is not a strategy.  And I'm going g to dis agree that FL is in trouble, looking at some simple stats that at least I observe and care about that counter what many think about this state turning blue. I believe its the opposite. We currently have a R gov, assembly  and senate with both houses enjoying about a 2-1 majority. The most recent 4 govs were R, and the past 5 out of 7 R too after many many years of mostly Being D. For at least the past 10 yrs the new R voter registration affiliation has outpaced Democrats, how much is from transplants or natives idk. This state is so much more in line with my quality of life there was no question about leaving NJ. And the longer I am here the more objective pov can be seen and NJ sucks even more. Ask anyone who left if they'd  go back. I get some can't, I was there for a long time but was still able to get one foot out the door to remind me it needed to get done. Good luck to all of you staying.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StarGazer said:

I'm thinking about moving to WV.  Like many, I have overstayed in NJ due to family reasons but I've had enough of the Covid tyranny and Gun Law BS in NJ.  WV seems to be the closest common sense state near NJ.

 

South Carolina is pushing new gun laws too ... but in the opposite direction.  :)

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/south-carolina-house-passes-gun-rights-bill-allowing-open-carry-without-permit

Quote

Republicans also amended Wednesday’s bill to bar the state from enforcing federal gun control regulations. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I does not matter how well you raise them.......College WILL ruin all the good you did as a parent!

Homeschool and find a conservative college, preferably that doesn't take govt money like Hillsdale, GCU, New St Andrews College, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YankeeSC said:

South Carolina is pushing new gun laws too ... but in the opposite direction.  :)

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/south-carolina-house-passes-gun-rights-bill-allowing-open-carry-without-permit

 

Same with WV, there is a bill in the works to nullify Federal gun laws.  Several states are doing this..using liberal tactics for disregarding federal law , e.g. "Sanctuary Cities".  If it is signed into law by the gov, it will be a big motivation to land there.

SC is a good also.  However, the demographics aren't great.  I'd like to live in a place where crime is low and the likelihood of having to defend my life is low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I does not matter how well you raise them.......College WILL ruin all the good you did as a parent!

I understand that this is unfortunately true in many families however, I believe if you can't have more influence in how your children grow up into adults, the failure is on the parents.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Bucky (all the money he has and he never had his teeth fixed) apparently is ignoring Maryland's experience with microstamping.  You younger guys Google Bucky Beaver to know what I'm talking about.

MD passed a microstamping law in 2000.  MDSP was tasked with collecting casings.  The MDSP pled to the legislators in 2015 to repeal this law.  They had spent 15 years and $5,000,000 collecting over 300,000 cartridge cases.  Not one crime was solved with this. The MDSP said they could have used the money for other productive things. 

Larry Hogan, a Republican, immediately signed the repeal of the microstamping law in 2015.  The casings were sold as scrap.. BTW, Hogan also signed the biggest tax cuts in the history of MD.

MD seems Democrat but every few terms elects a Republican to bring the state back to its senses.  That's what we can use in NJ.  That's a start.

Too many look at politics as an either or. NJ will self destruct if more Murphys are elected.  Fight!!!!

FWIW, when I worked in Baltimore, William Donald Schafer was mayor.  One of the last old time Democrats. Law and Order guy.  Didn't travel in a convoy. One detective drove him in a Buick or Oldsmobile.  When they had a rash of bank robberies before Christmas (Cops on the forum will understand this) when the have nots want to have, Schafer started the bank patrol. Two cops with shotguns would randomly stop at banks. The robberies continued. Until the bank patrol stopped at a robbery in progress. Smoked the two bank robbers.

The bank robberies stopped.

That's a lot of interesting information that will be ignored by the government of New Jersey.  I was not aware of it and I thank you for sharing it.  I think New York considered microstamping too a few years back.

Gun rights are only going to get more restrictive here.  That's a major sticking point for me, but there are multiple sticking points in the garden state.  My real estate taxes also went up $1500 for the year and I have...relatively speaking... lower taxes than many in my area of the state.  Moving to Pennsylvania and paying half of what I pay here is another "pro."  I will predict that in the coming year or two after Murphy is re-elected, New Jersey will no longer have cheaper gas than Pennsylvania.  The freedon to move is yet another freedom that isn't free, so I can see where that choice can be more difficult for some more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

They are not the biggest pro gun states, but even Maine and New Hampshire have become Constitutional carry states, and they are in the blue/purple northeast.  At least there are a few other states close by that value their law abiding citizens more than New Jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarGazer said:

Same with WV, there is a bill in the works to nullify Federal gun laws.  Several states are doing this..using liberal tactics for disregarding federal law , e.g. "Sanctuary Cities".  If it is signed into law by the gov, it will be a big motivation to land there.

SC is a good also.  However, the demographics aren't great.  I'd like to live in a place where crime is low and the likelihood of having to defend my life is low. 

Where do you live in jersey...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...