FishNHard

primer prices at the shows ???

i know if you can get lucky large rifle primers are about $47/1000  ang i dont mind paying up a little given the current times were dealing with  but $250/1000 on GB is nuts that why i was wondering if the shows were that bad to , if not i was going to make a trip to the next one to pick up some .

3 hours ago, FishNHard said:

i know if you can get lucky large rifle primers are about $47/1000  ang i dont mind paying up a little given the current times were dealing with  but $250/1000 on GB is nuts that why i was wondering if the shows were that bad to , if not i was going to make a trip to the next one to pick up some .

have you tried Discord? 

18 hours ago, FishNHard said:

JohnnyB, yes i keep an eye on it ive only seen primers that someone posted once and was mid day while i was at work.by time i get home they been long gone

You can't order at work? If you have to wait when stock hits, you'll never find anything.  Midway stocks primers most days around 10am I'm finding out. 

Primers have been popping up on MidwayUSA yesterday and today. 

You need to do the "wishlist trick". Create an account, and add it to your wishlist, it will show in stock there, but not on the main page. 
Big downside is most places are restricting orders to 1k now, which greatly increases the cpr once you add shipping, hazmat & tax. 

• Like 1

MidwayUSA started restricting to 1 box of primers (per category) and only once a week.  I was lucky enought to score Small Pistol and Small Rifle.  Have to pay two seperate hazmart charges.  I can't order either of that category for a week.

Hopefully it slows some of the hoarding and reselling.

$75 dollars for the primers and then  close to another $30 for shipping & hazmat.

Still better then the $300 "buy it now" prices on Gun Broker for 1k of primers.

I contacted MidwayUSA via chat just now to ask when the purchase limit expires. Transcript follows:

Kevin

9:28:47 a.m.

Hello. Regarding purchase limits. When can I place another order? I ordered Primers that had a limit of one 1000 box yesterday, can I order more today?

Holden

9:29:13 a.m.

The limit gets lifted 7-14 days after the time the primers were purchased.

Kevin

9:30:21 a.m.

What determines if it is 7 or 14? And are we talking calendar days, not business days? What happens if I try to order before the limit is lifted, the system will just cancel my order?

Holden

9:32:50 a.m.

It is different for every product, so we do not know the exact time frame between the 7-14 days. The days are calendar days, so if you ordered the primers yesterday, 5/5 is the latest they can be ordered, but there is a possibility that on 4/28 you can order them. If you were to try to place the order for the primers, it will not show up in your cart.

I was in Idaho last week, and dropped in on the Sportsman's Warehouse.    Best outdoor store I've ever seen, so I spend time there on every trip.

Last October, they had a little powder, ammo (no .22), bullets, and reloading supplies, though almost no primers.  They had a half-dozen or more ARs.  

Last week their massive wall of powder was completely empty.  Same for primers--none.   No bullets, except, oddly, they had a few bulk boxes of 9 mm, .40, and .45.   No rifle/pistol ammo except for a few boxes of .50 BMG and .338 Lapua.   No target shot shells, either, though they had a decent assortment of hunting loads.  No ARs, not many guns at all on the racks.   It was a very sad sight.

In the local paper (of course the classifieds have a guns and ammo section there!) a guy was selling large pistol primers for $100/1000, and small pistol primers for $200/1000.   No idea if folks were buying.

27 minutes ago, 10X said:

a guy was selling large pistol primers for $100/1000

That's what I paid on Midway USA two hours ago for LPPs. $67 for 1k +$12.95 shipping and $12.95 hazmat plus PRNJ tax! $200 for 1K SPPs is insane! 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:07 PM, JohnnyB said:

That's what I paid on Midway USA two hours ago for LPPs. $67 for 1k +$12.95 shipping and $12.95 hazmat plus PRNJ tax! $200 for 1K SPPs is insane! 

I happened to be driving by Cabelas today, so I popped in, not really expecting to find anything.  Sure enough, no primers or powder of any kind, almost no bullets or loaded ammo. No rimfire.  They did have some bulk pistol bullets and some cases of ,223 (didn’t notice prices), but overall it was pretty sad 

To make matters worse, they restocked the ammo and component shelves with other stuff, so instead of empty shelves, one sees gun boxes, ammo boxes, and other junk. It’s almost like they never sold ammo or components. 

• Sad 1

Welcome to "wartime shortages", guys. :mad:

And have no doubt that THEY are at war against our guns and our ability to use them, especially against THEM.

Look no further than the head honcho at ATF and the redefinitions they're pushing.

Buckle up and hang on. We're in for the ride of our lives.:superman:

Midway gave me a birthday discount, I found 5.56 193 or m855 for 41 or 43c each respectively... 

Still not sure if I should buy any. Free ship too. I've got plenty stocked and much to reload... just contemplating how long this shits gonna last. 

4 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Midway gave me a birthday discount, I found 5.56 193 or m855 for 41 or 43c each respectively... 

Still not sure if I should buy any. Free ship too. I've got plenty stocked and much to reload... just contemplating how long this shits gonna last. 

The primer shortages are going to last until the ammo shortages ease up significantly. As for the ammo, well I think we have hit the wall on that. I keep seeing 9mm having to pull back from ~$0.70 a round to ~$0.40 a round, and .223 has pulled back from $1 to ~$0.75 a round. From past history, we will probably get years of $399 a case .223. The question is how much volume at that price, and if it will ease up total demand on primer manufacturing. bullets and brass are already pulling back. The lowest I paid for 9mm brass pre-panic was $0.25 per k. I've already seen $0.35 per/k prices again. They don't last long, but the $45 per k seems to be pretty accessible. Bullets, well.. lets just say a LOT of units of Hornady 62gr FMJ was shipped and the people who stocked up by the truck load are getting antsy and have started discounting.  I don't have good historical info on THAT particular bullet, but it sat between the popular 55gr bulk offering and the 62gr OTM bullet I use(d) a ton of and it's already pulled back to being about as cheap as the OTM version was. Which is probably the new normal given the manufacturer across the board price increases in the last year.  Powder is probably the second scarcest item for reloading and right now if you want something, that's pretty easy to get. If you want something specific... that's a lot harder. And 4lb and 8lb is still scarce. 

If you have more than about 2 years supply, I'd say to hold and see. It'll be pretty obvious if price relief is coming in the next year. At that point you have a year to pick up more reloading components. It might not be the easiest advice to take, this stupidity has my fomo reflex going pretty hard on some things. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

The primer shortages are going to last until the ammo shortages ease up significantly. As for the ammo, well I think we have hit the wall on that. I keep seeing 9mm having to pull back from ~$0.70 a round to ~$0.40 a round, and .223 has pulled back from $1 to ~$0.75 a round. From past history, we will probably get years of $399 a case .223. The question is how much volume at that price, and if it will ease up total demand on primer manufacturing. bullets and brass are already pulling back. The lowest I paid for 9mm brass pre-panic was $0.25 per k. I've already seen $0.35 per/k prices again. They don't last long, but the $45 per k seems to be pretty accessible. Bullets, well.. lets just say a LOT of units of Hornady 62gr FMJ was shipped and the people who stocked up by the truck load are getting antsy and have started discounting.  I don't have good historical info on THAT particular bullet, but it sat between the popular 55gr bulk offering and the 62gr OTM bullet I use(d) a ton of and it's already pulled back to being about as cheap as the OTM version was. Which is probably the new normal given the manufacturer across the board price increases in the last year.  Powder is probably the second scarcest item for reloading and right now if you want something, that's pretty easy to get. If you want something specific... that's a lot harder. And 4lb and 8lb is still scarce. 

If you have more than about 2 years supply, I'd say to hold and see. It'll be pretty obvious if price relief is coming in the next year. At that point you have a year to pick up more reloading components. It might not be the easiest advice to take, this stupidity has my fomo reflex going pretty hard on some things. 

I'm held over for probably 5 years at my current rate of shooting... I'm also the type that doesn't let my stock get low, I typically replace as I shoot.... and that's the hard part.. watching my supply drop.. 

By the time I get through a case of ammo, primers or bullets, it's when I order more, or double... keeps my supply growing and never panic buying.

My main concern is... another shit show checking in that will keep supply down. 

Midway does know how to suck you in tho... I mean they are discounting a 1200rnd case by almost 300 bucks... most people would be ecstatic, but I still know I'm paying more than I should. I think I will pass..