silverado427

SOF boarding exercise

It looked fun, but I have no clue what a man with jets on his hands could do boarding a ship by himself. The transition to his weapon system was a bit delayed at best. He looked more like a skeet target than an aerial assaulter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

I'm sure he will have a heads up display helmet,  And a shoulder mounted weapons system in the future. 

The jet pack needs to allow him control of his arms and hands to allow him to accurately aim and deploy a weapon.

You guys are funny.

No shit that it's not ready for deployment right now.

It's brand-new technology that's barely out of Beta testing!!!!

They test it in scenarios like that to assess the viability (or not) of using it in real-world applications and then update future releases accordingly.

The world would still be using rotary phones if it was up to you people...

9 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Say what you want about a rotary phone, you could use one to beat an intruder unconscious and then call the police with it to come and clean up the mess.

Try that with and iPhone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

You guys are funny.

No shit that it's not ready for deployment right now.

It's brand-new technology that's barely out of Beta testing!!!!

They test it in scenarios like that to assess the viability (or not) of using it in real-world applications and then update future releases accordingly.

That technology has been around for decades. It is still decades away from being usable.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

That technology has been around for decades. It is still decades away from being usable.

Interesting statement.

It's incorrect, but it shows that you're one of those guys that needs to "be right", so I'll take what you say with a grain of salt.

The technology demonstrated in the video was created by a guy named Richard Browning in 2016.  He went on to found a company called Gravity Industries in March 2017 to expand on his initial vision and take his prototypes to the next level.

So he went from proof of concept stuff in 2016 to full prototypes being tested in the field in 2021.

Maybe not "decades away from being usable" after all??

9 hours ago, voyager9 said:

You can't discern the difference in the technology demonstrated in the original video and the technology demonstrated in the video you just linked?

I bet you can, but you're one of those "have to be right" kind of guys too. 

Or you're just trolling...

18 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

You can't discern the difference in the technology demonstrated in the original video and the technology demonstrated in the video you just linked?

I bet you can, but you're one of those "have to be right" kind of guys too. 

Or you're just trolling...

Nobody said what they showed here was the exact same as what was available decades ago. But the technology existed back then.  What was shown above was evolutionary advancement. Not revolutionary. 

You seem awfully angry and defensive on this topic.  Do you own stock in Gravity or something?  You’re coming across with much more of the attitude you’re accusing others of. 

12 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Nobody said what they showed here was the exact same as what was available decades ago. But the technology existed back then.  What was shown above was evolutionary advancement. Not revolutionary. 

You seem awfully angry and defensive on this topic.  Do you own stock in Gravity or something?  You’re coming across with much more of the attitude you’re accusing others of. 

I'm neither angry, nor defensive.  That you pretend to see either in my comments leads me to believe you're just trolling for reaction.  I was simply pointing out a common theme on this internet forum where the grizzled "regulars" seem to sprinkle negativity and contrarianism in just about every thread. 

This is an internet forum, so I don't invest any emotion or let the trolling and/or negativity impact me at all.

I'm on a conference call right now and this is merely a diversion on a working weekend.

On 4/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, silverado427 said:

This is amazing. I'm guessing in 5 years this will be main stream  SOP in the Socom platform .

Has no one read Starship Troopers?

I'm not talking about the silly movie(which I enjoyed), I'm talking about the book.   

This is what a trooper from Starship Troopers sorta looked like.  Except those troopers were devastating in lethality.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, 124gr9mm said:

Interesting statement.

It's incorrect, but it shows that you're one of those guys that needs to "be right", so I'll take what you say with a grain of salt.

The technology demonstrated in the video was created by a guy named Richard Browning in 2016.  He went on to found a company called Gravity Industries in March 2017 to expand on his initial vision and take his prototypes to the next level.

So he went from proof of concept stuff in 2016 to full prototypes being tested in the field in 2021.

Maybe not "decades away from being usable" after all??

Wow, I am not the one arguing with anyone on this topic. You seem to the guy that needs to be "be right". You came out swinging with four posts in this thread. Nobody else did. Not being overly impressed by technology you seem enamored with is not trying to "be right", it is expressing an opinion.