antimatter

NICS - what a difference a year makes!

Last firearm I bought was a year ago this time;  nics was same day, about an hour or 2.  Fast forward to today - 7 to 10 days for todays purchase!!!

sheesh.   it was funny though listening to the first time buyers that were next to me moaning about it and sad at the same time. 

oh well, carry on.

cheers

AM

Just now, Old Glock guy said:

Isn't it supposed to be that if they can't get the check done in three days, they have to process the transaction without it?  I believe that's federal law, but I guess it doesn't pertain in NJ?

Since Murphy gun law package, No NJ FFL is allowed to transfer any weapon without the STN the state provides after they complete a NICS. 

The underlying 'problem' is that We the People  Servants of NJ are still buying firearms like mad. And it got worse after the recent shooting and police incidents. Last week the wait queue jumped back up to over 5,000.

2 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:
2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Isn't it supposed to be that if they can't get the check done in three days, they have to process the transaction without it?  I believe that's federal law, but I guess it doesn't pertain in NJ?

Since Murphy gun law package, No NJ FFL is allowed to transfer any weapon without the STN the state provides after they complete a NICS. 

Even at that . . . It was MAY, not MUST . . . It was up to the FFL.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Today’s purchase was 13 seconds after the ffl hit submit on the timer on the site for me to get the proceed.... was 10 seconds last week I feel your guys pain

What does that mean?  You got NICS approval in 13 seconds?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• We get heritage pork here, it’s a bit darker and more marbled than the pork we used to buy in NJ.    The loins came out perfect, nice and moist, aMd very flavorful!  I think I like that rub I showed a few posts back better than anything else I’ve made or bought. Just the right amount of spice.  Like brisket, I let the loins rest, wrapped in foil and a towel, sitting in an empty cooler. They sat for about 2 hours. This is key for retaining moisture.    Brisket is at 170°, sitting at the stall. I’m not going to Texas crutch this one, I’m going to let it work through it all on its own. 
    • Has anyone any news on buying ammunition since the new package of laws were signed by Murphy? I use a lot from online purchases that used to require just the FID sent with an order. Are local dealers changing the routine yet?
    • Shooters Sporting Center Facebook posting: STARTING TUESDAY MORNING YOU CAN CALL THE STORE TO BOOK A CLASS. THIS 1 HOUR COURSE IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! YOU MUST BE AN EXPERIENCED SHOOTER TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS! This is not a training course! $90 Plus Tax Non-Refundable Fee! You will not be refunded if you do not pass! Please come prepared with the following: •Firearm/s you wish to carry (Must be .380 or Larger) Semi-autos preferred- Revolvers will require a speed loader •100 Rounds of ammunition •At least 2 magazines •Drivers License and Firearm’s ID card EYES & EARS required as well, just me adding a reminder.
    • Just found this on GFH: This is not a beginner course! You will be required to demonstrate safety, familiarity, and accuracy. It is pass or fail. – No holster needed – All shooting from the ready position – 50 rounds per firearm – FBI Q target – 24 rounds at 7 yards – 14 rounds at 10 yards – 6 rounds at 15 yards – 6 rounds at 25 yards For a total of 50 rounds. Must hit at least 40 rounds out of 50 (80%)... Only 6 rounds at 25 yards makes this pretty easy for folks who have been shooting for many years...But as noted by another poster, there doesn't seem to be common standards across all ranges. Still, I will practice this (routine) with my 9MM PPQ. I have a 1/2 body type target from Wilson with a 7" circle etched on the body. Later I'll qual with my 45. My question I need help with, beside the actual shooting qual, are we also (required) to take some classroom training course? You know, the type that might discuss the use of deadly force under the law? I don't need to take this because I know the laws, just wondering if I (have) to take this and submit a certificate with the application?
    • There’s one in Airport Plaza on 36 in Hazlet. I think there’s one in Keansburg/Union Beach as well, on the Northbound (Westbound) side of 36, just past Laurel Ave.