EWC88

Concrete quote

Hey guys wanted to bounce a quote I got off you guys. Now this is second quote, this one I added more concrete but the original quote before adding the additional, both contractors came close to price. Now google states sq ft of concrete should be between $4-$8 but I don’t always believe internet so that’s why bouncing off you guys. 

4500 psi concrete. Rebar placed in foundation so pad doesn’t sink. Roughly 309 sq ft. $5107.00 They will have to removed some patio pavers, and also river rocks. 

Other than large flat work, when I owned a company, I would buy pallets of crete and mix footings for decks and some aprons myself. Concrete delivery prices are thru the roof. 

How thick is the pad gonna be? 

I poured 100bags worth of 3 footings and a landing pad myself, it's a rediculous amount of work mixing two bags at a time in a mixer. 

I'm guessing those estimates are for the complete job? Escavation, prep and pouring. 

If you can cut out the contractors and prep the pad yourself, I'm guessing that cuts 3/4 off the price. 

But if you did the project from start to finish I thinks that like 180+ bags of 80lb mix just for a 4' think pad. I would be doing a min of 6" if it's that large. 

I know minimum charge on crete delivery is at least 200. then they charge if small load. under 2 yards or so.  I had my sons mixing crete. What is a crete mixer?? LOL.

The old lady says her company pays $130 per yard delivered. But there would be a surcharge for a job that small. Plus there’s washout fees and disposal if you don’t take the whole delivery etc etc. 

she says there’s a company like “mr short load” or something like that (I didn’t find anything just now but it’s something similar) that specializes in something like this.

Google “short load” and see if that gets you anywhere 

18 hours ago, EWC88 said:

$5107.00 They will have to removed some patio pavers, and also river rocks. 

Bad timing for optional home improvement projects.

Material prices sky high and contractors have more work then they can handle = Homeowners getting fleeced. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, EWC88 said:

Some spots the pad is 3.5” thick others higher to almost 6”.

You might want to even that out some.  Expansion rates for the different thicknesses may cause premature cracking.