revenger

primary ?

NJ primary about  a month away and the sound of silence from the opposition party.  are any of them pro american? is any pro 2A ?

one would think the opposition would crush the communists this year because of the idiotic covid restrictions on freedom yet nothing.  No fighting against murphy on any of this ,  the opposition just bends over and keeps taking it.

I will be writing in Donald Trump in all the boxes.

43 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i got a robo-text asking me to vote for him. which of course makes me not want to vote for him. but i will vote for the least communistic sshiiit ball that runs

It's hard to tell his 2A stance from his web page,  Looks like the usual talking points to try and get votes,   That being said as we have learned in NJ its not about regaining our lost rights but rather keeping as many as we can so even if a candidate does not support the 2A maybe they wont openly attack it.

There usually isn't much real activity in the NJ primaries and, in truth, that's the case this year as well.

The state GOP has chosen to back Jack Ciattarelli and most ot the assembly and senate seats do have have challengers.  The real event is in November.

By all means, research the candidates for governor and vote for who you believe to be the best but, in November you need to back the Republican whoever it is.  The governor though will have little power without Republicans in the senate and assembly.  The states politics needs to be turned upside down this year.  

We are all hoping for a few SCOTUS decisions to improve 2A rights in the state but we also need to make sure that the legislature will not just pass new laws that we need to fight.  Find out who your legislators are today and find out who is challenging them.  Get in touch and make sure that they know what your vote will be based on. 

It's difficult to run a 2A campaign in this state and no matter their personal views most of those running for office are not going to make it a big part of their campaign.  That doesn't mean that they are not on your side.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, revenger said:

one would think the opposition would crush the communists this year because of the idiotic covid restrictions on freedom

My sense is most NJ residents are getting exactly what they want ...

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, NJRulz said:

Heard him today on Breitbart News Saturday.  Seemed pretty decent as a candidate. Says he has been and is a big Trump supporter.  The others seem like RINOs.  We don’t need another Chris Christie.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, EdF said:

Trump lost NJ by 15 points in November . . . Candidates should be careful riding his coattails here.

Thats probably in line with most recent potus elections in NJ. Its more a party affiliation issue than Trump. And why NJ sux and will never see a R gov again., Trumps coattails or not.

4 hours ago, siderman said:

Thats probably in line with most recent potus elections in NJ. Its more a party affiliation issue than Trump. And why NJ sux and will never see a R gov again., Trumps coattails or not.

I recall reading a lot of Indians do not vote and those that do, lean heavy Dem.  if thats true, Mr. Singh may move that needle.

Also, Murphy has endeared almost no one.  That pendulum could swing right if Murphy runs again.

But NJ does suck. Do you recall when it was considered a heavy Independent state?

10 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

I recall reading a lot of Indians do not vote and those that do, lean heavy Dem.  if thats true, Mr. Singh may move that needle.

Also, Murphy has endeared almost no one.  That pendulum could swing right if Murphy runs again.

But NJ does suck. Do you recall when it was considered a heavy Independent state?

That needle may move a bit but it needs to move an almost improbable amount to even  make a election close. Registered R's make up a whopping  22.4 % inNJ.  Unaffiliated is  39%!   Unless  you believe there is a overwhelming  hidden conservative demographic in that bloc , which IMO is laughable NJ is true blue.  Not to mention Singh has to first take the primary ( the ugly stepdaughter of elections that doesnt draw much interest) to even have a remote chance. Also Murphy already has his  own well placed  Indian to help him.

5 hours ago, siderman said:

That needle may move a bit but it needs to move an almost improbable amount to even  make a election close. Registered R's make up a whopping  22.4 % inNJ.  Unaffiliated is  39%!   Unless  you believe there is a overwhelming  hidden conservative demographic in that bloc , which IMO is laughable NJ is true blue.  Not to mention Singh has to first take the primary ( the ugly stepdaughter of elections that doesnt draw much interest) to even have a remote chance. Also Murphy already has his  own well placed  Indian to help him.

All that is true.  I think for an R to win....it is more of the D blowing it.  Murphy may be hated enough... but maybe not.  I do think Rs are apathetic in NJ.  I also think the Rs do not go after the black vote.  They wouldn’t get a majority but they can get a decent amount.  They just don’t try in NJ.

With everyone I talked to saying what a bad job Murphy has done with not just the virus but in general. He's still getting positive approval ratings. Just how can any R expect to win when all the polls will say is how well Murphy did running the state. We couldn't even get a good showing to impeach him. Say what you will but the D machine is well oiled here. 

10 hours ago, siderman said:

Well, the day McConnell congratulated Xiden I changed my registration to independent and probably won't ever vote repugnant, at least for federal office, ever again. I'll vote for another Trumpanian type candidate, though. So there's that.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:41 PM, NJRulz said:

Just received this flyer in the mail today (more like a medium sized poster) 

one.thumb.jpg.5003f430d4027c5da58e95ff08d62b97.jpgtwo.jpg

I got the same one in the mail and a similar one from Jack.  All we can do is vote for guy we think is best.  As "red" as I think I am, I still miss living in purple Pennsylvania, another state that struggles with running good Republican gubernatorial candidates. Well, at least my definition of a good Republican candidate!