revenger

primary ?

13 hours ago, Golf battery said:

And why not.  

Because that is the all or nothing mentality that plagues republicans especially when it to comes to gun legislation.

Dems Instead chip away over the course of years/decades then when the time is right they go all in. 

1 hour ago, EdF said:

It's an invitation to see-saw law making like we have seen at the federal level.  Republicans get power and open up carry laws, then Democrats return to power and reel everything in.  

Right or wrong, the people of New Jersey have been putting these people in power to enact these laws.  Their minds need to be changed and we aren't going to get a few million people to change their minds at once..

As I said this will be decided by SCOTUS, if they say say carry is shall issue (maybe raise scrutiny but likely too much too ask) we need a Governor who is "unequivocal" in his position since they will be responsible for enforcement. 

I can't believe how many people don't bother with primary elections. I have been a delegate in VA since I moved here. We had a convention and were able to elect candidates for Governor, Lt Governor, and Attorney General that were not the choice of the VA GOP establishment. I think people were shocked and we actually have very good candidates. It was the largest convention in US history with over 50,000 delegates. Everyone needs to get involved.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

New Jersey 101.5 is hosting the first gubernatorial primary debate between the Republican candidates. The program will air live on 101.5 and at Facebook.com/nj1015 starting at 7 p.m. on May 25. This week, New Jersey 101.5 is profiling all four candidates seeking the Republican nomination next month.

I heard that.  Thanks bro.   This we should all tune into.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EdF said:

The governor can't do it all himself.  He needs down ticket support in the legislature in order to pass ANY legislation.  We need a gubernatorial candidate who can win and who can have coattails to gain significant numbers in the legislature.  I understand that people will support the winner of the primary but if that winner isn't somebody who can win in November, it doesn't matter.

orrrr......we need to vote the legislature into a more friendly makeup. it doesn't matter who wins. if there's an r after their name, this legislature will not work with them.

21 hours ago, EdF said:

It's an invitation to see-saw law making like we have seen at the federal level.  Republicans get power and open up carry laws, then Democrats return to power and reel everything in.  

Right or wrong, the people of New Jersey have been putting these people in power to enact these laws.  Their minds need to be changed and we aren't going to get a few million people to change their minds at once..

we don't have to change the minds of a few million people. we just need the scotus to do their dam job.

21 hours ago, EdF said:

we don't have to change the minds of a few million people. we just need the scotus to do their dam job.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, 1LtCAP said:

orrrr......we need to vote the legislature into a more friendly makeup. it doesn't matter who wins. if there's an r after their name, this legislature will not work with them.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, 1LtCAP said:

Pretty much what I said . . . We need seats in the legislature and I've been encouraging people here and elsewhere to check the candidates in the their district.  Turnout is going to be hugely important in November.  I've also talked about the fact that SCOTUS is the only "quick" avenue of change on carry.  Legislatively it's not going to happen in one fell swoop.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/05/jack-ciattarelli-running-for-nj-governor-sides-with-civil-rights/?fbclid=IwAR0M2jekg6afpbKA6ehOhGw365OUwA1CjUOkjZNz8M0BipMdAF1vYlhzGlM#axzz6voHRmjHa

Note:  Jack is clear . . . With a Democrat controlled legislature, he is all for pushing incremental changes.  If he gets a Republican legislature EVERYTHING is on the table.  

I listened to the debate. It seemed to me that Hirsh articulated more specific policy plans than Jack. Hirsh also stated he would support whoever the eventual Republican winner and Jack came with answer that didn't address the specific question and answered with some nonsense he knows he's the most capable candidate and was purposely vague. 

• Agree 1

Jack is right about one thing, if you can’t raise money, you can’t win. 

I like Singh’s ideas, but if he can’t fund a campaign, he’s pissing in the wind. 
He (Singh) isn’t a politician, and I like that about him. We need someone with outside eyes and problem solving abilities. Just my humble opinion. 

I think Jack is a career politician, and I don’t see him as ‘part of the solution’. That being said, I’d take him over Murphy any day of the week. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I think Jack is a career politician, and I don’t see him as ‘part of the solution’. 

Nope. I could see him cutting all kinds of shitty deals with the dems just to get along.

At the same time the media would be ripping him to pieces.

I've reluctantly voted for too many of the lesser evils in N.J. most of them ended up losing anyway.

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Nope. I could see him cutting all kinds of shitty deals with the dems just to get along.

At the same time the media would be ripping him to pieces.

I've reluctantly voted for too many of the lesser evils in N.J. most of them ended up losing anyway.

Agree. I think he’s a swamp creature. But again, Murphy has to go. If Jack is the nominee for the general election, then so be it, but I won’t support him in the primary. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Jack is right about one thing, if you can’t raise money, you can’t win. 

I like Singh’s ideas, but if he can’t fund a campaign, he’s pissing in the wind. 
He (Singh) isn’t a politician, and I like that about him. We need someone with outside eyes and problem solving abilities. Just my humble opinion. 

I think Jack is a career politician, and I don’t see him as ‘part of the solution’. That being said, I’d take him over Murphy any day of the week. 

Same reason I'm supporting Rizzo: time to get politicians out of office and put people in who will actually represent the communities they come from.

If the NJ GOP failed to fund any of the campaign (or either of the other two for that matter) after a primary win that it will absolutely show it's true RINO colors. In the general election if the Republicans (both the party appartus and the voters) can't get behind who ever wins the primary then they are just as much the problem as the Democrats are in this state. It's like the people who voted for third party candidates in the Presidential election. They are just as much responsible for Biden as the Democrats are.

• Agree 2

On 5/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, GlennS87 said:

Hirsh also stated he would support whoever the eventual Republican winner and Jack came with answer that didn't address the specific question and answered with some nonsense he knows he's the most capable candidate and was purposely vague.

Trump didn't promise to back another winner in 2016 either . . . 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, Displaced Texan said:

Jack built TWO successful publishing companies before getting involved in politics.  That doesn't sound like a "career politician".

On 5/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, GlennS87 said:

If the NJ GOP failed to fund any of the campaign (or either of the other two for that matter) after a primary win that it will absolutely show it's true RINO colors.

It's the CANDIDATES responsibility to raise funds.  Yes, some comes from the party but most is raised by the candidate.  Remember the thousand emails and texts you received from Trump before the 2016 and 2020 elections?  Sure, he received some funding from the GOP but the party is primarily about organization, not funding.

Personally . . . I'll vote for Singh or Rizzo or Micky Mouse if he wins as a write-in.  But, it will be with the expectation of a loss.

No R can win if mail-in is used again.  Way too much fraud.

If the election relies on actual Votes, and someone impressive is put up...that person has a shot.  Support for Murphy is weak.  He won in part because Guadino,..or whatever her name was.... was unlikable and generated zero excitement.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

No R can win if mail-in is used again.  Way too much fraud.

If the election relies on actual Votes, and someone impressive is put up...that person has a shot.  Support for Murphy is weak.  He won in part because Guadino,..or whatever her name was.... was unlikable and generated zero excitement.

Guadagno didn't have a chance because she was too tightly tied to Christie. One of the problems the NJGOP has is they still look at Christie as the standard bearer in NJ. He was a shit Governor and a bully. The Republicans will continue to fail as long as the rank and file Republicans look up to him. 

4 hours ago, GlennS87 said:

Guadagno didn't have a chance because she was too tightly tied to Christie. One of the problems the NJGOP has is they still look at Christie as the standard bearer in NJ. He was a shit Governor and a bully. The Republicans will continue to fail as long as the rank and file Republicans look up to him. 

Christie was indeed a crappy governor that left office with a 71% disapproval rate. I doubt there are many rank and file repubs that look up to him. 

4 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Christie was indeed a crappy governor that left office with a 71% disapproval rate. I doubt there are many rank and file repubs that look up to him. 

Christie was a blowhard. I’d take him over any Democrat that has ever been in a position of power in this state, but we can do better than him without trying too hard. 

2 hours ago, WP22 said:

Thats because the media attacked him for eight years culminating in Bridge-gate (a traffic jam at the GWB) the forerunner of the Russiagate collusion smear used against Trump.

i.e.  manufacture a "scandal" then repeat the lie endlessly nazi propaganda style, the truth be dammed.

The media controls the narrative. Their mission in life is to prop up democrats and destroy republicans.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, revenger said:

got an email from RTSP range,   they said to vote for Rizzo.    I'm glad that a NJ gun organization has finally spoken up.

I will not be voting for any RINOs .

@gunforhire has also endorsed Rizzo, I believe they gave their endorsement pretty early on so RTSP isn't the only 2A-related group supporting him. (I'd give a link but the only thing I found in a quick search was an FB post)

7 hours ago, stn8188 said:

@gunforhire has also endorsed Rizzo, I believe they gave their endorsement pretty early on so RTSP isn't the only 2A-related group supporting him. (I'd give a link but the only thing I found in a quick search was an FB post)

Rizzo is a member there - he would have to endorse him 

On 6/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, stn8188 said:

It's the only gun related supporter I heard from,   Nothing from the NJ NRA affiliates,   Shouldn't have to search anywhere for it.   There probably in bed with the "establishment" RINOs here hoping for  something in return.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:18 PM, 1LtCAP said:

SO OF these guys, who's got the best chance of unseating murphy?

also, wouldn't we be better putting effort in to turning the legislature?

i'm just quoting myself, 'cause after all this time, i still don't know much about these guys. i know singh likes to attack the other guys. i know the other guys all like to attack singh and each other. but that's all i hear. even the robotexts i get are only them attacking each other. spadea i think was saying citeralli is just another establishment rino.

so.......who's really got our interests in mind?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm just quoting myself, 'cause after all this time, i still don't know much about these guys. i know singh likes to attack the other guys. i know the other guys all like to attack singh and each other. but that's all i hear. even the robotexts i get are only them attacking each other. spadea i think was saying citeralli is just another establishment rino.

so.......who's really got our interests in mind?

My wife and I were just talking about this... Neither of us can recall a single negative ad/statement from Rizzo, at least from what we've seen. That's a nice change of pace...

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

Ultimately, none of them. 

Idk, I do like to think that Rizzo would have my interests in mind, but I'm putting a lot of stock in the issue of education this year. I trust a guy with the same number of kids as I have (4) and with similar beliefs to stick up for what I think is right and wrong with public education in NJ today. I definitely don't want another well-entrenched NJ republican, nor do I want someone who hasn't had to raise children in our state. I haven't hidden the fact that really support Rizzo and am looking forward to casting my vote for him later today. I hope a majority of conservatives in NJ agree.