revenger

primary ?

17 minutes ago, siderman said:

So....congrats?  Jack the Establishment Hack is your Great New Hope! I can sense the enthusiasm and fighting spirit a 1,000 miles away!

So now, if he is elected, people with REAL DANGEROUS JOBS can satisfy justifiable need!  He will be better than Murphy....but not by much!:mad:

• Agree 3

Great, another Trenton establishment  politician (shitbag) is the nominee. So now a vote for Phil or Jack is basically a vote for the same thing. Just they way they want it. Are that many people in NJ just that fucking dumb or are they just really ok with more of the same corrupt bullshit?

Anyway, I more interested to know if any Incumbent D (senate or assembly)lost their seats in the primary. Anybody know? My district had no primary challengers to the democrat incumbents, of course.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

So now, if he is elected, people with REAL DANGEROUS JOBS can satisfy justifiable need!  He will be better than Murphy....but not by much!:mad:

That was just a BS throwaway line. IF he gets elelected -hahaha- he'll be just like Shamoo; nothing will change. 

Jack now has my full, enthusiastic support, even if he didn't 24 hours ago.   He's what we have to work with, and nothing is more important than getting Phil out of the Governor's office.

• Agree 5

I voted for Hirsh Singh yesterday, I did the right thing and will not apologize.. Jack, if he becomes our new governer(he's better than  Murphy) will hobnob with Sweeney and other Democrats in the the elite class who have the mythical carry permit. I doubt he will do anything worthwhile for us including CCW for people with "dangerous jobs". Driving down the turnpike, 287, River RD etc can be "dangerous activities"!!! He certainly won't work to reverse many of the new gun laws implemented by Murphy, at most he'll veto some new guns laws- WHOPPIE FUCKING DOO!!! 

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand some of the feedback.  Fucking Popeye or Bozo the Clown would be a better or at least no worse than what we have now.

Anyone that would still consider not supporting the Republican candidate, at this point, has a screw loose.  Anyone but Murphy again.......

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I just checked the results for all contested seats in the Senate and Assembly. Not one Incumbent lost their seat. This State is truly fucked.

They can't lose their seat until the general election.   Yesterday's results just mean they didn't lose the right to run for re-election.

But your conclusion is still accurate...

22 minutes ago, 10X said:

They can't lose their seat until the general election.   Yesterday's results just mean they didn't lose the right to run for re-election.

But your conclusion is still accurate...

? Yes, they can lose their seat in a primary.  Yes, they can still lose their seat in the general election. If you want to say they lose the right to run for reelection, that's fine, either way it's the same outcome. But based on the evidence, NJ doesn't want change and is happy with the establishment  shitbags and the corruption. So no, they won't lose in the general either. NJ will still be a 1 party controlled State come November. The governors position is the least of the problems in this State.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

? Yes, they can lose their seat in a primary.  Yes, they can still lose their seat in the general election. If you want to say they lose the right to run for reelection, that's fine, either way it's the same outcome. But based on the evidence, NJ doesn't want change and is happy with the establishment  shitbags and the corruption. So no, they won't lose in the general either. NJ will still be a 1 party controlled State come November. The governors position is the least of the problems in this State.

Are you talking about the RINO republicans in the Legislature? Most people just run down the republican column a pick the establishment candidate. Let's face it, most voters don't have a clue what they're doing. A democrat can only vote in the democrat primary so why would anyone expect a change in the primary result? The key is were there quality republican challengers that will run in the general. If there were any districts that were held by dems and there wasn't republicans on the ballot that would be bad.

22 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

Are you talking about the RINO republicans in the Legislature? Most people just run down the republican column a pick the establishment candidate. Let's face it, most voters don't have a clue what they're doing. A democrat can only vote in the democrat primary so why would anyone expect a change in the primary result? The key is were there quality republican challengers that will run in the general. If there were any districts that were held by dems and there wasn't republicans on the ballot that would be bad.

This is where we can make a change IF the opposition party actually wanted it changed.

ANYONE can register as non-declared for the primary,  If we were organized we could pick a local race to attack,  ALL conservatives could primary as democrats and attempt to oust the incumbent,  this is the ONLY way in NJ you will change things.   because of the RINO establishment it is probably more advantageous to challenge a democrat in a primary than to try and pick a republican.  This primary is a perfect example.    we got a RINO so even if he does beat murphy things will stay the same.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, revenger said:

This is where we can make a change IF the opposition party actually wanted it changed.

ANYONE can register as non-declared for the primary,  If we were organized we could pick a local race to attack,  ALL conservatives could primary as democrats and attempt to oust the incumbent,  this is the ONLY way in NJ you will change things.   because of the RINO establishment it is probably more advantageous to challenge a democrat in a primary than to try and pick a republican.  This primary is a perfect example.    we got a RINO so even if he does beat murphy things will stay the same.   

You cannot vote in the primary as undeclared. If you want to vote, they will ask you which party you want to be affiliated with and that will formally make you declared to the party. I know this because it happened to my wife yesterday. She was undeclared and she had to declare as republican to vote.

One of the biggest disappointments I see in yesterday's primary is the abysmally low turnout.  Numbers still coming in and maybe i'm missing something but in a statewide primary we apparently only had about 250k turn out to vote!  WTF!

After all the complaining from NJ conservatives all year that is the best we can do?  We are screwed in Nov if we can't even get our act together and get to the polls for a primary.  

• Sad 1

Ok, just checked current numbers and 319k turned out.  We have about 1.5 million registered republicans.  While historically turnout is low for primaries, after the sh*tsh0w the last couple years have been here, and the amount of "outrage" from the right, we should have done better than 319k.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

One of the biggest disappointments I see in yesterday's primary is the abysmally low turnout.  Numbers still coming in and maybe i'm missing something but in a statewide primary we apparently only had about 250k turn out to vote!  WTF!

There were violent thunderstorms and flooding in the northern half of the state yesterday afternoon. And what about mail-in ballots?

Frankly, low turn in the primary isn't critical, gives the motivated and informed people a little more sway. 

The general election is where heavy republican turn out is crucial.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bomber said:

There were violent thunderstorms and flooding in the northern half of the state yesterday afternoon. And what about mail-in ballots?

Frankly, low turn in the primary isn't critical, gives the motivated and informed people a little more sway. 

The general election is where heavy republican turn out is crucial.

In prior years, yes, perhaps.  However after almost 18 months of blatant Civil liberty violations by Murphy and a Dem legislature standing idle allowing all of it.... the conservatives have been louder than ever and you would expect a better turn out.

If we couldn't garner a higher turnout after recent events I wouldn't be optimistic about a sufficient turn out in Nov.  Too many sitting home thinking none of it matters and (besides ranting on social media) decide to just sit out the process. 

Why vote when the outcome has already been decided.  That is how A LOT of people feel.  

Did anyone really think someone other than Jack was going to win?  When I last looked Rizzo had 26% and Singh had 22%.  So even if you combined BOTH of their totals it still wouldn't have been enough.

Don't get me wrong.  I still voted.  And will continue to do so.  But A LOT of people feel the entire thing is rigged.  Especially after the fiasco last November.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, GlennS87 said:

Just like Romney beat Obama.

Precisely. Yet years later, the "one in a million chance" candidate actually won. Who would have thunk it?

personally I'd rather lose with a candidate I like than winning with one I despise.

11 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Why vote when the outcome has already been decided.  That is how A LOT of people feel.  

Did anyone really think someone other than Jack was going to win?  When I last looked Rizzo had 26% and Singh had 22%.  So even if you combined BOTH of their totals it still wouldn't have been enough.

Don't get me wrong.  I still voted.  And will continue to do so.  But A LOT of people feel the entire thing is rigged.  Especially after the fiasco last November.

this is pretty much how i've always felt, and the reason i didn't used to vote. the only real reason i vote now is so that i have the right to bitch n whine.

trump getting elected had given me hope, 'cause i know klinton was supposed to be "elected" in 16. then this fooking fookbag happened at the federal level. i won't be surprised to see the fookwit in the gov mansion now "win" again.  at the local level we've got the govt we were warned about. at the fed level we're thiiiiiiis close to it.