revenger

national reciprocity again

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/30/john-cornyn-introduces-national-concealed-carry-reciprocity-senate/

here we go again.

What i would really like to see happen along with this, and now might be the perfect time to to do it is for pro 2A states with pro american governors and legislatures to introduce legislation in their states that require states that do not honor their respective states CCW laws to make it a requirement that the refusing states drivers  (NJ ) MUST first obtain a driving permit for that state to legally drive in that state.    NO EXCEPTIONS!     so if a legally licensed NJ driver wishes to drive across country on a vacation they will need to check all the laws of all the states they are passing through and first obtain a driving permit.    If they can do it with CCW than drivers licenses should be the same.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 4/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, father-of-three said:

I generally agree with the "keep at it" attitude that some Republicans have, but they bumble on things so badly when they have majorities and look embarrassing.  Case and point: not repealing the affordable care act when they could actually do it.

Don't forget that was a small majority and the vote was made personal by John McCain.  He wasn't going to give anything to Trump.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, EdF said:

Don't forget that was a small majority and the vote was made personal by John McCain.  He wasn't going to give anything to Trump.

Ironically, McCain DID vote for the 2015 repeal bill (HR 3762).  I'm sure he just had to hate Trump more in 2017.

13 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Ironically, McCain DID vote for the 2015 repeal bill (HR 3762).  I'm sure he just had to hate Trump more in 2017.

Yep . . . McCain put his personal agenda ahead of what was good for the country.  It wasn't the first time either . . . 

On 5/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, EdF said:

Not to get political here.  This is just an observation of the actually party breakdown in the Senate.  The reality is that the republican party, particularly in the Senate, is divided.  There are really three parties.  The Democrats, the Republicans and a ReDemricans.  That 3rd party being comprised of Collins, Romney, Murkowski, Sasse, Toomey and a few others whose names I can recall right now. McCain was among them.

With this three party system in the Senate, where each generally stays unified, the Republicans haven’t has anything more than a super slim majority when there were 40 dems and Scott Brown won his seat, giving the Republicans and a Redemricans a combined 60 seats.  The problem was that 3rd party, the Redemricans usually voted with the Dems.

• Agree 1