silverado427

Physical Prepping for a event ( shtf )

So I can see you guys prep for Food shortages,   Guns and ammo shortages , Power outages.

I never see any physical fitness prepping post, The mind and body are your most important prepping skills.

Walking,  Jogging , Working out, Yoga,  Eating right,  Staying physically fit.  With the current political  environment you should be on your A game all the time.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Also, don't forget your pets, if you want them to survive with you.

We are keeping our cats well fed, just in case we need to eat them. 

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

The mind and body are your most important prepping skills.

This is very true.  I've been reading lots of stuff and I'm a landscaper so I'm already quite fit, I'd say above average for a man my age.

I've also worked out a plan with neighbors.  Growing gardens, communications, inventory of everyone's skills like first aid, etc., very basic stuff.  This shit needs to be thought out, and worked out ahead of time.  Our neighborhood watch is a motley crew, but we all have each others back.  Nobody here is looking forward to any events, but we are ready (more or less) to deal with whatever may come.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

49 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Gato tacos!!

Careful, careful. Cat claws and canines can be formidable. Especially when trained to be assault cats.

I'm going to be  64 this year and I am in fairly good shape,  My goal is to drop 5- 10 lbs. 

Its a lot easier said then done,  If I can do it so can you. Here's a quick video of me jumping rope .

I usually send vids like this to the kids, They  get a kick out of them....

I had to down size the video so it would play.   PS i'm jumping rope and chewing gum at the same time...:hi:

Enjoy 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

This is very true.  I've been reading lots of stuff and I'm a landscaper so I'm already quite fit, I'd say above average for a man my age.

I've also worked out a plan with neighbors.  Growing gardens, communications, inventory of everyone's skills like first aid, etc., very basic stuff.  This shit needs to be thought out, and worked out ahead of time.  Our neighborhood watch is a motley crew, but we all have each others back.  Nobody here is looking forward to any events, but we are ready (more or less) to deal with whatever may come.

am i a bad man if i laughed pretty hard at that?

that said......for a mechanic, i'm not in very good shape. been working on that little by little. walking my dog, trying to be less lazy at the shop...as in no leaning on things, walking more briskly, using hand toold rather than air tools, etc.

for neighbors...i'm screwed. to my right is the goth chick left tard, one house past her is the crazy cat lady(they're currently in a fued). across the street is an older couple that don't want to get involved in anything other than calling the police, and they fear firearms(although they won't admit it. the lady next to them may be helpful, but i knew her husband better than i know her...and he woulda been a helluva an asset to the block if shit went sideways. other side of her, is an old guy that doesn't seem to interested, and his kids are stoners. got the new people that just moved in on my right, but ain't met them yet. he appears to be a hunter though, so i'd venture that's a good thing.