FishNHard

Solomons in farmingdale

I took a ride out to Salomon's in hopes they have open back up to maybe score some primers and or  powder there was one guy already waiting there said he had a shotgun shipped there  and someone signed for it but he told me that the neighbor came over to let him know that gene is in Hospice care.    

• Sad 3

Hey guys,

Since dicks dicked around and stopped selling shooting stuff...i been on a long hopeless quest to find clays this week. 

I don't know if the market changed on clays but I was paying $6 for 90. Today i paid $26 for a box of 130 by my club. I later remembered Solomons in farmingdale. I went there wednesday and there was a sign on the door "closed until further notice"

After a Google search, it says "permanently closed".

1. Did something happen to Gene? He was a longtime friend of my late uncle and ata shooter Jim Steinhart.

2. Where else around freehold/howell/Jackson/etc has clays in stock.

Thanks guys

7 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

I stopped by there the other week to see if they were open there was a guy waiting also neighbor told him gene was in hospice , dont know what happen, haven't heard anything since.

Oh man, that's awful. He's a great guy and did ALOT for us shooters

1 hour ago, jcerillo70 said:

.i been on a long hopeless quest to find clays this week. 

I believe they are still shooting trap on Sundays and Tuesdays.  The shop is closed, but you can probably still get a coupla few cases of targets.  I think I paid $14/130 last time I was there about five weeks ago.  That may have changed but I would bet you can get clays.

I have not been to the Clinton Walmart in a year+ but I used to get mine there often.

Last times I was at the Boonton Walmart (beginning of April 2021) they had plenty there, around $7 if I remember correctly.

I don't remember if Flanders has them.

Now, target loads are a different story...

3 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I have not been to the Clinton Walmart in a year+ but I used to get mine there often.

According to Walmart's website, Clinton and Flemington have 'em.  Not sure how accurate it is.  I know Clinton had them earlier this year but were sold out for a while - not sure if they've restocked but there's a good chance they did.