Ulfhednar15@

Handgun permit times now

Hi guys, 

Just checking in to see what handgun permit times are looking like now.   I applied on 03/29/2021. I received the email stating that my references had completed the questionnaire on 04/01, but as of now I have not gotten an email or phone call about them.  About 4-5 months ago, my friend in a different town applies and got his in under a week.  Last time I applied it took less that 3 weeks, but that was when they were still using the paper permits.

Any thought?

Thanks!

I was the first one in my township to use the new electronic forms to apply. My township detective called me to apologize, said he was just learning the new system. I had permits in 3 days. 

Your mileage may vary. 

I applied for P2P in April 22 

2 references submitted in the same day 

got 3 emails from the state same day 

firearms application submission confirmation 

And two for  Reference Questionnaire submitted

did not get the email for criminal history check completed 

how long did you wait for that email from the State?

11 minutes ago, Vtec45 said:

I applied for P2P in April 22 

2 references submitted in the same day 

got 3 emails from the state same day 

firearms application submission confirmation 

And two for  Reference Questionnaire submitted

did not get the email for criminal history check completed 

how long did you wait for that email from the State?

Hi 

I applied for a permit on 5/11. References within a day. confirmation from the state. Reached out to my PD in Bergen County normally responds right away. But dead air this time. No criminal history check but I had just received my Fid & permit April 16th. So I'm thinking it's going to take 6 months like it did initially. 

19 minutes ago, Mikep said:

Hi 

I applied for a permit on 5/11. References within a day. confirmation from the state. Reached out to my PD in Bergen County normally responds right away. But dead air this time. No criminal history check but I had just received my Fid & permit April 16th. So I'm thinking it's going to take 6 months like it did initially. 

How long did it take to get an email criminal history check completed when you applied first time for your fid and P2P 

Same here back in November 2020   
it took 3 days after my references submitted and fingerprints done on  November 25th I got an email on 28th criminal history check completed and than 4 months later I got my fid and P2P 

this time l applied for P2P on April 22 references submitted but no email about criminal history check completed 

6 minutes ago, Mikep said:

Well I heard back from my Pd dept working on my permit. But there are still in Nov 2020. So in looking at 6 months probably. 

They call you 

did you give them your confirmation number and they actually said that they are working on it 

I emailed the detective in charge with the confirmation number, he normally responds within a day.  He stated that they have the request but they are still working on Nov 2020. He will see if he can speed it up. We shall see.

Good luck