lj1

mossberg 590/590 shockwave

hi..new to the forum..great info ....my question is this.....if you have a mossberg 590 fixed stock 6+1 18.5 in barrel...but also have a shockwave 590 ..14 in barrel .....would you technically be in possession of an illegal firearm ...as you could take the fixed stock and it would fit onto the shockwave thereby making it a short barreled shotgun ...im not asking if i can do it ...i know you cant ..more are you able to own both at once.....i have the regular 590 and was thinking of getting the shockwave but i somehow thought of this and really cant find any info on it....thanks    

1 hour ago, lj1 said:

hi..new to the forum..great info ....my question is this.....if you have a mossberg 590 fixed stock 6+1 18.5 in barrel...but also have a shockwave 590 ..14 in barrel .....would you technically be in possession of an illegal firearm ...as you could take the fixed stock and it would fit onto the shockwave thereby making it a short barreled shotgun ...im not asking if i can do it ...i know you cant ..more are you able to own both at once.....i have the regular 590 and was thinking of getting the shockwave but i somehow thought of this and really cant find any info on it....thanks    

Perfectly legal. 

As long as you don't don't take the stock off and keep it around as a "part". 

Many people have ar15's and "others". 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, chocodove said:

Not to threadjack, but a similar question. What if someone had a spare AR stock laying around along with a fully assembled "other"? Theoretically you could use the stock to make an illegal SBR. 

Might have a problem there.... 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:05 AM, EdF said:

I BELIEVE that it is illegal to have the parts to build anything that is not legal.  You're actual intent to put it together doesn't matter.

i think you're right. i think nj calls it constructive intent. or something like that.

• Agree 1