GiantsFan1981

Cleaning my firearm

3 minutes ago, GiantsFan1981 said:

New gun owner here I fired off 100 rounds in my p365 sig Sauer is time to clean my gun? If so do you recommend  I do it myself?

Yes, and yes.  

New guns are best cleaned once before firing, and then more frequently as they break in.  After that, some do fine with less frequent cleaning, others will need to be cleaned often in order to function reliably.

Cleaning it yourself is easy, and the best way to become familiar with the workings, and be able to spot maintenance issues as they arise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GiantsFan1981 said:

New gun owner here I fired off 100 rounds in my p365 sig Sauer is time to clean my gun? If so do you recommend  I do it myself?

What @10X said....

Make sure it is unloaded..........and no ammo is anywhere near the cleaning bench.

:drinks:

If you cannot clean your own firearm and not know how it operates, you should not own one...  ;)

Order from Amazon and you'll get it tomorrow:

https://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Choice-Shotgun-Sectional-System/dp/B07N7XRM1Z/ref=nav_custrec_signin?dchild=1&keywords=gun%2Bcleaning%2Bkit&qid=1620396773&sr=8-10&th=1&psc=1

There are tons of Youtube videos that detail the takedown/cleaning process, so watch a few and go with one you like:

Great info above, Amazon carries everything you will need, YouTube is also a great place to watch videos on anything firearm related, helped me greatly. You may find that cleaning your handgun is also very enjoyable. Great feeling when you turn a fouled firearm back to nice and shiny.  

• Like 1

And don't forget boresnakes to pull thru it at the range while it's still warm.

Bore size (9mm / .38 cal for example) for the barrel and in the case of a revolver, one size up (.40 cal in this example) for the cylinder bores.

You'll get 95% of the crud out before you even pack up to go home.

A gun is like a machine.  Gotta clean it for preventative maintenance purposes.  If the burnt powder residue is allowed to build up, it can make the moving parts stop moving like they should and depending on the type of ammo it can cause corrosion to the internal parts of the firearm.

While we are suggesting Amazon... it's a good time for a reminder about Amazon Smile. They donate a portion to an organization of your choice, without increasing what you pay. ANJRPC & CNJFO are both available. 

I take great joy knowing that a primarily anti-2A company sends money to Pro-2A orgs.

• Informative 1