45Doll

Want To Fill Your Gas Tank Now?

this is why i keep my stuff above half tank always.

that said.....the subbie's full. gotta fill the excursion. that thing's 50 gallons of storage right there. i think i've got a few gallons at home for the genny and wood cutting equipment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Here's an update. There are links to other assessments.

'Most Significant and Successful Attack' on Energy Infrastructure in US – RedState

It sucks that this is coinciding with inflation that the current administration is not willing to admit is inflation, but hackers and terrorists will be hackers and terrorists.  I hope we can get back to $2.?? a gallon sooner than later.

2 hours ago, father-of-three said:

It sucks that this is coinciding with inflation that the current administration is not willing to admit is inflation, but hackers and terrorists will be hackers and terrorists.  I hope we can get back to $2.?? a gallon sooner than later.

not gonna happen with demonrats in control.

• Agree 1

On 5/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, 1LtCAP said:

of course. pull the fuel line, jumper the relay.

bingo.

I know which relay is the fuel pump on all my cars, and have the quick disconnect tools needed, plus the appropriate size hoses.

one of these days I'll get the matching barbs, so I can just push it into the fuel line and have a guaranteed leak free connection.

28 minutes ago, Sota said:

bingo.

I know which relay is the fuel pump on all my cars, and have the quick disconnect tools needed, plus the appropriate size hoses.

one of these days I'll get the matching barbs, so I can just push it into the fuel line and have a guaranteed leak free connection.

in the case of some vehicles........mostly gm and ford trucks....you need only know the wire color that feeds 12v to the pump. the connector's usually fairly easy to access. of course the relay's the best option.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Bomber said:

How convenient. 

Nothing leftists like better then shortages and chaos to further their agenda.

They are probably the ones who "hacked" the system to create the crisis,   IP address of hacker was probably

192.168.1600 Pennsylvania  ave.         

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, revenger said:

They are probably the ones who "hacked" the system to create the crisis,   IP address of hacker was probably

192.168.1600 Pennsylvania  ave.         

yaknow? speaking of ip addys.......

saw an article the other day about some fight run by a new company that apparently had bunches of "illegal" viewers. they were giving those illegal viewers one chance to pay the original cost, then they were gonna start going after people. they say that vpn operators would turn over all original ip addys. that sounded somewhat bothersome......

Hopefully the supply don’t dwindle that much , I burn threw 3/4 of a tank a day with my work truck commuting all over NY . Up paying is one thing but running out of supply would totally suck for a whole lot of people . Herd somewhere on the news that they might suspend the higher gas taxes here in NJ because of lack of demand. Probably just more fake news from the lame stream media . Cant see the state of NJ cutting anyone any breaks any time soon . 

10 hours ago, Bzerk said:

Hopefully the supply don’t dwindle that much , I burn threw 3/4 of a tank a day with my work truck commuting all over NY . Up paying is one thing but running out of supply would totally suck for a whole lot of people . Herd somewhere on the news that they might suspend the higher gas taxes here in NJ because of lack of demand. Probably just more fake news from the lame stream media . Cant see the state of NJ cutting anyone any breaks any time soon . 

it's seemed to me that most gas stations seem to keep about a weeks worth of fuel in the ground.

i hadn't heard that about the gas tax, but this being new jerseystan, i highly doubt that they'll suspend or lower a tax. they'll just find a new tax to make up for the lost revenue. wait'll people start getting hit with higher costs to register their hybrids and battery operated cars.....

I've been trying to determine how this would impact NJ without too much success. That's a question that the inquiring reporter's mind might naturally ask, if there were any reporters with inquiring minds left. But if the goal is to create panic, well, they are doing their jobs.

According to the EIA,  Florida, GA and NC and VA and MD have no operating oil refineries.

But Delaware has 1, PA has 3 and New Jersey has 2 - as well as a port.

So maybe not as much of an impact at this end of the pipeline.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/PET_PNP_CAP1_DCU_SFL_A.htm

https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=NJ

I did top up the gas tanks of of our 2 cars. I remember that there was a toilet paper shortage not too long ago, while there was no shortage of unrefined trees.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 8.50.50 AM.png