45Doll

Want To Fill Your Gas Tank Now?

32 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It’s sad that you have to tell people not to do shit like that. Common sense is NOT common. 

Once she blows up if she lives, she'll sue because the blue container didn't have a warning label. Sad part is she'll probably win. 

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:39 PM, 1LtCAP said:

it's seemed to me that most gas stations seem to keep about a weeks worth of fuel in the ground.

i hadn't heard that about the gas tax, but this being new jerseystan, i highly doubt that they'll suspend or lower a tax. they'll just find a new tax to make up for the lost revenue. wait'll people start getting hit with higher costs to register their hybrids and battery operated cars.....

IIRC the gas tax in NJ is linked to the funds required to maintain highways. If the state doesn't collect enough in gas taxes the tax automatically goes up to compensate.

Now there is the push for electric cars.  If this is successful in 10 years you won't be able to afford the cost of gasoline in NJ.

How do all the "enviromentists" think what is going to provide the electricity for the 50,000 recharging stations Biden has promised.

We have more oil in the ground than the entire Middle East..  Oh for the days of the Trump Administration when we were energy independent.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

IIRC the gas tax in NJ is linked to the funds required to maintain highways. If the state doesn't collect enough in gas taxes the tax automatically goes up to compensate.

Now there is the push for electric cars.  If this is successful in 10 years you won't be able to afford the cost of gasoline in NJ.

How do all the "enviromentists" think what is going to provide the electricity for the 50,000 recharging stations Biden has promised.

We have more oil in the ground than the entire Middle East..  Oh for the days of the Trump Administration when we were energy independent.

Let alone the true environmental destruction to create the batteries and dispose of etc.

Hydrogen fuel cells...why isn't that more prevalent?

4 hours ago, GRIZ said:

...How do all the "enviromentists" think what is going to provide the electricity for the 50,000 recharging stations Biden has promised...

Reading Griz's question bring to mind an 80 year old "final solution" to the "enviromentists" war on global climate change.

Relocate the 'deplorables' to the Obama FEMA camps and park them on bicycle-type generators or put groups into rat-wheels to move the turbines necessary to keep the charging stations going and help the war effort, for as long as they are able. Then off they go to the former coal-burning generator stations for their last hurrah. Remember Edward G. Robinson's final film role, with Charlton Heston?

Sound like a familiar plan? Gee,  I wonder where our current crop of leftists got the idea?

File:Arbeit Macht Frei Czech Republic.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Think the current crop of pols aren't that evil?

THINK AGAIN.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, GRIZ said:

that is correct. the governor can prevent or delay that increase though, as christie did during the election.

first off, they're not electric cars. they're battery operated cars.  with this push for battery cars, there'll be a push to increase the registration cost of those vehicles.....or once again considering that this is new jerseystan.......battery car drivers will have to pay a "per mile" charge which will probably be set up the same way. and of course you'll be tracked as to where you go, when, and for how long in the process.

they think wind and solar will provide for us. as long as it's not in their own back yards. example, i'd bet that half the people complaining about the wind farms off atlantic city are actually in favor of wind.

• Agree 1

Colonial Pipeline Co. paid nearly $5 million to Eastern European hackers on Friday, contradicting reports earlier this week that the company had no intention of paying an extortion fee to help restore the country’s largest fuel pipeline, according to two people familiar with the transaction.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/colonial-pipeline-paid-hackers-nearly-5-million-in-ransom

45 minutes ago, FXDX said:

yea i was just reading one of these articles. according to the one i read, the hack shut down the line, not the company "out of caution" as they'd stated.

if this is all true, get ready for a bunch more of these types of things, 'cause if they paid, that opened the flood gates.

31 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if this is all true, get ready for a bunch more of these types of things, 'cause if they paid, that opened the flood gates.

yep, and they know the biden admin isn’t going to do shit about it...

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/watch-live-joe-biden-speaks-on-pipeline-ransom-attack/

So just how did the FBI manage to recover any of the Bitcoin ransom? Two views.

How did federal agents recover bitcoin and access a crypto wallet tied to the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack? - MarketWatch

The Colonial Pipeline Hack, The 'Russians', & The FBI's Ransom-Grab - What Really Happened? | ZeroHedge

I wondered about this. I know one reason they're hot on quantum computing is the possibility of vastly improved cryptographic analysis. As in breaking your wallet key?