Roktory

Selling Ammo on Gun broker

4 minutes ago, Roktory said:

Im getting ready to sell  some bulk mil surplus  ammo I don't need anymore.  

is there any law against selling bulk ammo and shipping it person to person either in state or out of state?

thanks for any imput

This is from UPS,  if to NJ from NJ, Verify the receiver has a FID card for handgun ammo. Any other state, you must look up and follow their laws. No ammo shipped to California residents, etc.

It would be a lot easier to try to sell it here F2F since you are a premier member!

Special Procedures for Shipping Ammunition

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes "cartridges, small arms," as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59. All other allowable ammunition shipments are accepted only on a contractual basis, and must be prepared under the rules for a fully regulated hazardous material. Ammunition cannot be shipped where it exceeds 12.7 mm (50 caliber or 0.5 inch) for rifles or handguns or 8 gauge for shotguns. The package may not exceed 66 lb. (30 kg). The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing ammunition complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

Use These UPS Services for Your Ammunition Shipment

In order to meet the exception for "Limited Quantity" shipments, which are not subject to the shipping paper requirements of subpart C of part 172 of 49 CFR, ammunition can only be shipped via UPS Ground, and only within the 48 contiguous United States, or via UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and Intra-Alaska. Shipments of ammunition with other UPS services must be prepared as a fully regulated hazardous material and are available only on a contractual basis.

Thank's for posting those laws and UPS rules for shipping ammo.  I'm thinking about selling some spare 9mm, 223, & 12ga, on GunBroker and have been frustrated by all the multitude of state laws and requirements.  

I'm thinking if I avoid shipping to HI, AK, and CA, and require a copy of a state ID and firearms ID, I'll be okay.  Am I forgetting anything?

I've been selling a bunch of ammo and frankly there's enough demand locally that you shouldn't need to ship it and have to be concerned with multiple state laws.

If you post in the NJ guns for sale group on MeWe you'll get lots of interest for 9mm, .223 and 12ga ammo from people who will drive to you.

28 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I've been selling a bunch of ammo and frankly there's enough demand locally that you shouldn't need to ship it and have to be concerned with multiple state laws.

If you post in the NJ guns for sale group on MeWe you'll get lots of interest for 9mm, .223 and 12ga ammo from people who will drive to you.

Thank's!!!  I didn't even think of MeWe

1 hour ago, Roktory said:

i agree  i dont want to deal with all the rules for different states, im just listing it here and meet the person face to face

I had to ship back defective ammo via UPS. You cannot send it from UPS stores. I had to go to a regional shipping location. It was a pain in the butt.