Underdog

Looking for an Aluminum Row Boat with Character

In North-West NJ and looking for about a 10 foot Row Boat, or something to do a little fishing with.

I have located a nice 14 foot row boat, however, it is aluminum and has a leak that needs to be repaired.  Has anyone repaired an aluminum boat?  I assume that a 14-foot Row Boat doesn't fit one of the exemptions as it is not a rowing skull and  needs to be registered and/or titled in NJ, even if it isn't going to have a motor.  Eventually, I would like to get a small trolling motor for it.   Does anybody have any info?

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

I have located a nice 14 foot row boat, however, it is aluminum and has a leak that needs to be repaired.  Has anyone repaired an aluminum boat?  I assume that a 14-foot Row Boat doesn't fit one of the exemptions as it is not a rowing skull and  needs to be registered and/or titled in NJ, even if it isn't going to have a motor.  Eventually, I would like to get a small trolling motor for it.   Does anybody have any info?

Apparently in NJ even a Trolling motor = motor and you need it to be registered.

Also... leak?  

7b2.gif

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Perhaps JB Weld Marine Weld will work...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said. i used to have a rowboat that it looked like someone took an axe to. the previous owner had used that stuff, and it worked well. i had that boat for something like 20 years

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jm1827 said:

I have an 11 foot StarCraft that my wife wants me to get rid of, you are welcome to it.  No leaks that I am aware of, we are off exit 8 on the NJTPK.

Thank you for the offer.  If you were closer, I would take you up on it but I am too far away in north-western NJ.  I would have provided you with some ammo.