Dr. Goodshot

NJ Compliant mags for Glock 19 - a question

I bought a Glock 19 last year, and it came with three 10-round magazines. The Glock website says that the standard magazine capacity for Glock 19 is 15 rounds, yet this gun shipped with 10-round magazines to be NJ compliant. What I'm wondering is, if Glock 19 ships with 15-round mags, where did these 10-rounders come from? Does Glock ship their guns with 10-round magazines only to stores in NJ to be compliant? That is funny because their website doesn't say anything about that, it just says the standard is 15 rounds. It doesn't say "15 rounds but 10 rounds for those in NJ". Or does Glock ship 15-round mags and then gun stores do modifications on the magazines before they hand them over?

I work at a NJ gun shop. We get guns in all the time with high capacity magazines. If we can swap with 10- rounders, we do that. If 10-rounders are not available, we will modify the mags. We then put the high-capacity mags in the attic and wait for Pennsylvania gun shows to sell off the mags.

As for your Glock 19, Glock ships the guns with either 10s or 15s.

3 hours ago, dajonga said:

I work at a NJ gun shop. We get guns in all the time with high capacity magazines. If we can swap with 10- rounders, we do that. If 10-rounders are not available, we will modify the mags. We then put the high-capacity mags in the attic and wait for Pennsylvania gun shows to sell off the mags.

As for your Glock 19, Glock ships the guns with either 10s or 15s.

Thanks for that information. That is exactly what I was wondering.

6 hours ago, High Exposure said:

The shop does not modify the OEM 15 round mags.

Glock manufactures 10 round OEM mags for ban states - California, Massachusetts, NJ, Connecticut, New York, etc…. 

To avoid being sued by these states, Glock packs 10 rounders in all guns shipped to these states.

Thanks. That is what I figured. It is just strange that they don't say that anywhere on their website. They should let the world know that there are 10-round mags available for those of us in magazine capacity ban states....

45 minutes ago, InFamous said:

So I ask this, what's the cheapest way to get G-19 10rd mags? I just purchased a serialized G-19 lower to build and am in the process of sourcing parts. 

Cheap doesn't always work.  I'd get the Glock 10 rd mags.

Others may have suggestions on after market magazines that work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, InFamous said:

So I ask this, what's the cheapest way to get G-19 10rd mags? I just purchased a serialized G-19 lower to build and am in the process of sourcing parts. 

Magpuls > 

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/pmag-gl9-9x19-magazine-for-glock-19-prod115612.aspx

Glocks > 

Unable to locate any in stock.

• Like 2