With so many states moving towards more individual rights, removal of restrictions and defensive carry based on common sense qualification and training, I amazes me that there is not a more serious movement in New Jersey. The system is backlogged with purchase permit requests without a concentrated effort to get the right to use them legally for self defense. It seems more owners are willing to complain about limits, but not work to elect state officials who could make changes. Instead of stockpiling ammunition past reasonable amounts, try supporting candidates with some of that money.

First . . . I would suggest that the system isn't "backlogged".  That implies that there is more than can be done.  The problems in LE sitting on the work and delaying the processing.

Second, there are people working on creating movement in the state but that is going to require a large amount of turnover in the legislature this fall AND a new governor.  One or the other will not get it done and it may take several election cycles to effect change in the legislature.

I'm running for assembly and I support both a rollback of the draconian system of rules that NJ residents have been forced to live under AND Constitutional Carry.  My opponent, majority leader Greenwald, hasn't met a gun restriction that he doesn't like.  But, just electing me isn't going to change things.  We need a concerted effort on the local level to elect people who will support our rights.

Everyone needs to get out and find out when their representative and their challenger believe and vote accordingly.  People have a tendency to think that their representative is a "good guy" and the that the other representatives are the "problem".  We can't all be right.

• Like 1