Golf battery

Ciatterelli singh debate tonight. Now!!

I don't think Ciatterelli really wants to be the Governor. 

He admit's it when at one point in the debate when he says he really doesn't want to be the Governor unlese the people of NJ give him a Republican legislature.  When was the last time the NJ legislature was majority Republican?  1940s or early 50s?

29 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I don't think Ciatterelli really wants to be the Governor. 

He admit's it when at one point in the debate when he says he really doesn't want to be the Governor unlese the people of NJ give him a Republican legislature.  When was the last time the NJ legislature was majority Republican?  1940s or early 50s?

Early 2000's i believe according to wikipedia

On 6/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, gleninjersey said:

When was the last time the NJ legislature was majority Republican?  1940s or early 50s?

LOL, no.

N.J. was a low tax republican stronghold believe or not. Nixon won the state twice, Reagan in 1980/84 and Rep.Tom Kean was governor for two terms.

Things really started going to shit in the 90's.  Clinton won N.J. in 1992 and the state hasn't gone for a republican president since.

Think about that for a moment: Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Obama, Biden all won N.J. thats how sick this state has become.

Coincidentally, California followed the same trajectory and for the same reasons: Massive open borders third world immigration and that cancer is metastasizing to the rest of the country.

Eventually the dems won't need to cheat to win elections.

20 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

When was the last time the NJ legislature was majority Republican?  1940s or early 50s?

Remember the slogan "Florio FREE in 93", well maybe not. Anyway it was the mid-term election of after Florio they gained control of both houses with a veto proof majority which was an epic failure. then Whitman beat Florio in 93 so they had control of Gov's office as well as the Assembly and Senate. As you could see the Rinos did great work..

Edited by FXDX
removed typos..

From about 14:45 to 16:00.  

I mean it's great that he wants to help Republicans win down the ticket but to say "Quite frankly, I don't want to be governor necesarrily unless the people of NJ can give me a Repubulican majority."  Why even say that?? 

Even if you don't get a Republican majority AT THE VERY LEAST a Republican Governor can try to keep the Democrats in line.  It's not ideal, but it's better than giving them free reign.

https://nj1015.com/2021-nj-republican-primary-debate-watch-live/

5 hours ago, FXDX said:

Remember the slogan "Florio FREE in 93", well maybe not. Anyway it was the mid-term election of after Florio they gained control of both houses with a veto proof majority which was an epic failure. then Whitman beat Florio in 93 so they had control of Gov's office as well as the Assembly and Senate. As you could see the Rinos did great work..

And who could forget Cardinale’s conceal carry bill in the mid-90’s? It went nowhere even with a majority of one party holding  office. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/05/19/nyregion/nj-law-concealed-weapons-a-senator-says-their-time-has-come.html

speaking of rinos........

according to 101.5 this am, douchecanoe is ahead in the polls by 15pts. it seems that people don't even know who cit is. am i missing something here? or is citerrelli gonna be nj's romney and hand the "election" to the douchecanoe?

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

speaking of rinos........

according to 101.5 this am, douchecanoe is ahead in the polls by 15pts. it seems that people don't even know who cit is. am i missing something here? or is citerrelli gonna be nj's romney and hand the "election" to the douchecanoe?

Poor Jack appears to have started off on the wrong foot. 
https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/njdsc-filing-elec-complaint-ciattarelli-campaign-violation-public-financing-laws/

No one in Bergen County even knows Jack. There’s a million people here. I’m sure some are voting. Only most voted for Murphy in the last election. And for Biden. And for Hillary. (Political party direction seems destined for the Democrat’s.) 

Murphy will sail to an easy victory  

1 hour ago, Old_Hunter said:

Poor Jack appears to have started off on the wrong foot. 
https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/njdsc-filing-elec-complaint-ciattarelli-campaign-violation-public-financing-laws/

No one in Bergen County even knows Jack. There’s a million people here. I’m sure some are voting. Only most voted for Murphy in the last election. And for Biden. And for Hillary. (Political party direction seems destined for the Democrat’s.) 

Murphy will sail to an easy victory  

yea, somewhere edf had mentioned that no demonrat has won re-election in nj since 197-something. that was giving me hope. then i see this crap that no one seems to know who citerilli is, and i'm thinking romny vs obummer at state level....essentially it's a giveaway

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

Something that really concerns me--and it would be a huge factor no matter who the republican challenger had been--is that NJ is sitting on an unprecedented $10.1 billion dollar surplus.  Primarily due to borrowing they didn't need to do, and federal covid relief funds that the state chose to sit on rather than distribute.

Between now and the election, we'll see a lot of that paid out precisely where it will gain the most democratic votes.   We're already seeing the beginnings of this.   It's very hard to gain conservative votes when faced with a demographic that votes for a living.

• Agree 3

Republicans have won six of the last ten elections for governor but it has been 40 years since Republicans held the governorship and both houses of the legislature.  

In that 40 years, no Democrat has been elected to a second term as governor and every Democrat president elected has been followed, the next year, by a Republican governor.  

Republicans made gains in the last legislative elections.  

BTW:  Ciattarelli hasn't said that he doesn't want to be governor unless he has a Republican majority.  He has said that he will be limited in what he can do without a Republican majority.  That is most certainly true.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 10X said:

Something that really concerns me--and it would be a huge factor no matter who the republican challenger had been--is that NJ is sitting on an unprecedented $10.1 billion dollar surplus.  Primarily due to borrowing they didn't need to do, and federal covid relief funds that the state chose to sit on rather than distribute.

Between now and the election, we'll see a lot of that paid out precisely where it will gain the most democratic votes.   We're already seeing the beginnings of this.   It's very hard to gain conservative votes when faced with a demographic that votes for a living.

HOW in the world can it be a surplus if it's borrowed? that sounds like obamanomics to me......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EdF said:

Republicans have won six of the last ten elections for governor but it has been 40 years since Republicans held the governorship and both houses of the legislature.  

In that 40 years, no Democrat has been elected to a second term as governor and every Democrat president elected has been followed, the next year, by a Republican governor.  

Republicans made gains in the last legislative elections.  

BTW:  Ciattarelli hasn't said that he doesn't want to be governor unless he has a Republican majority.  He has said that he will be limited in what he can do without a Republican majority.  That is most certainly true.

do you see anything showing what 101.5 said to be wrong?

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

HOW in the world can it be a surplus if it's borrowed? that sounds like obamanomics to me......

It is ‘Obamanomics’. 

Unfortunately most voters will (willingly) ignore that. 

15 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

do you see anything showing what 101.5 said to be wrong?

I've heard the man speak and I've talked to him personally.  Unless you are talking about something that I haven't said, I don't know what 101.5 said.  Someone here says that they heard Ciattarelli say that he doesn't want to be governor.  I never heard anything such thing.

• Agree 1

On 6/22/2021 at 3:55 PM, EdF said:

Unless something happens I think that pattern is about to be broken, N.J. demographics are not what they were in years past. 

The state has gone brown and blue, in that order. 

First the cities and now the dems are going in for the kill in the suburbs.

• Agree 1

For the last 30 years, every time a Democrat wins, I hear "No Republican will ever win again!" . . . Then when a Republican wins I hear, "No Democrat will ever win again!"  Both have been proven wrong every time.  

1 hour ago, EdF said:

For the last 30 years, every time a Democrat wins, I hear "No Republican will ever win again!" . . . Then when a Republican wins I hear, "No Democrat will ever win again!"  Both have been proven wrong every time.  

Don't think I've heard anyone say a democrat will never win again.

Unless they were drunk at a bar.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

Unless something happens I think that pattern is about to be broken, N.J. demographics are a far cry from what they were in years past. 

The state has gone brown and blue, in that order. 

First the cities and now the dems are going in for the kill in the suburbs.

Agreed. Urban sprawl is a constant, results of a biased education system coming of voting age, a lot of folks believe everything they see on biased social media and of course the biased msm. None of those influences favor the Republican/conservative ideas.