EdF

Where are my Singh supporters now?

3 hours ago, GlennS87 said:

I don't mind tough talk. Politics has morphed into street fight. Ifyou can't take bad words and real conflict stay on the sidelines. For all thay say civility should return, most of the people are hooked on reality TV and want to see a train wreck. As I have stated before I will vote for Jack but NJ really needs a revolutionary leadershiip change that is willing to go against the established norms (like Trump). Assuming Jack can win, which will be tough because he doesn't motivate anyone but the "machine" of the Republican party, NJ is still going to be a shit state. 

I won't donate any $$ to him. He seems to have that lined up with the new GOP Chairman Hugin. Amazing the patronage that goes on. 

The problem is, I doubt that change will happen with this guy.  From what I’ve seen, he’s a go along..get along RINO.  Which is one reason he won the primary. A lot of RINO voters in this state.  I think the only way he wins is if Murphy loses.  Meaning... its apathy or hostility toward Murphy by Dem voters.  That...and if Dems can’t cheat... because they will.  Expect record turnout in Essex, Hudson, Middlesex and Bergen counties.

I think this state is better off burning to ashes under radical Dems.  Or rather... the country will be better off.  Jersey needs to sink into the Atlantic. Its a lost cause.

48 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

The problem is, I doubt that change will happen with this guy.  From what I’ve seen, he’s a go along..get along RINO.  Which is one reason he won the primary. A lot of RINO voters in this state.  I think the only way he wins is if Murphy loses.  Meaning... its apathy or hostility toward Murphy by Dem voters.  That...and if Dems can’t cheat... because they will.  Expect record turnout in Essex, Hudson, Middlesex and Bergen counties.

I think this state is better off burning to ashes under radical Dems.  Or rather... the country will be better off.  Jersey needs to sink into the Atlantic. Its a lost cause.

That's it.. the only reason I can think of voting for him is because he's NOT Murphy. And it seems to be his strongest message.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

That's it.. the only reason I can think of voting for him is because he's NOT Murphy. And it seems to be his strongest message.

The problem with that message is that does nothing to peel off those that are meh on Murphy.

23 hours ago, WP22 said:

So which one is it? Do you object being represented by people that use mean language or not?

I don't give a crap about Trump's language or pretty much anybody else's . . . Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else.  

What I have said about Trump and this year's NJ elections is that Trump LOST the state by 15 points twice.  The last time was just about 8 months ago.  I don't believe that latching on to Trump's coattails is the way to win in November. 

Nothing about him being mean.  

9 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Pretty much .... based on what I’ve read so far, which hasn’t been very much.

My concern with some of these people is the best they will do is slow the slide to the left.  They won’t boldly advance a conservative agenda. They’ll just compromise with the left and claim they won when all they did was allow them to get at least some of what the left wants and nothing of what we want.

I’ll probably end up voting for they guy but part of me thinks letting it burn to the ground is the only way to ever get this state back.

12 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

Pretty much .... based on what I’ve read so far, which hasn’t been very much.

My concern with some of these people is the best they will do is slow the slide to the left.  They won’t boldly advance a conservative agenda. They’ll just compromise with the left and claim they won when all they did was allow them to get at least some of what the left wants and nothing of what we want.

I’ll probably end up voting for they guy but part of me thinks letting it burn to the ground is the only way to ever get this state back.

I won't be voting for him. 

As odd it sounds, Murphy has helped me financially in this state. I can't stand Murphy, I hate the guy with a passion... yet I have zero reason to vote for Ciatterelli... not a single reason. 

Which means I probably just sit out on this one. 

25 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I won't be voting for him. 

Which means I probably just sit out on this one. 

The above is why Ciatterelli needs Trumps coattails so to speak.  It may not gain him many republican votes but its going to cost him quite few IMO.

11 minutes ago, Bomber said:

The above is why Ciatterelli needs Trumps coattails so to speak.  It may not gain him many republican votes but its going to cost him quite few IMO.

I dont think anyone needs Trumps coat tails, they just need a strong message people believe in.... like Trump. 

Too often these people just expect a vote becuase a D or R, or because they're not the "other guy". Im done voting that way. 

Besides Murphy is a much better politician than Jack, the guy never ran for office before and won too...  no one ever heard of the guy before he showed up here. Murphy made this state his bitch with zero politcal experience. 

On 6/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, JackDaWack said:

Besides Murphy is a much better politician than Jack, the guy never ran for office before and won too...  no one ever heard of the guy before he showed up here. 

Not unheard of, or hard to do when registered democrats outnumber republicans by 1 million, the media protects dems and attacks republicans at all costs and the state assembly, senate, courts and bureaucracy are controlled by dems.

Corzine was another Goldman Sachs money grubber who never held office, bought his way into the senate, then N.J. governor, (on the heels of the McGrevy scandal no less).  

If Murphy were subjected to a fraction of the abuse and corruption republicans face daily his popularity would nose dive.  

• Agree 2

On 6/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, WP22 said:

I certainly don't object to mean or vulgar language. That tape wouldn't prevent me from voting for Singh.

It SHOULD turn you against Singh . . . Or, you should at least expect him to do something about his campaign manager.  There's a difference between "tough talk" and being an asshole AND there's a difference between addressing the candidate and addressing their family.  The attack on Caittarelli's WIFE made Singh's campaign look weak.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, JackDaWack said:

Some people just don't want anything to get better . . . Some are "all or nothing," if we don't get Constitutional Carry the day after he takes office it's not worth anything and others just like to be able to complain about whatever goes on.

You don't think Ciattarelli is worth the effort?  What are you going to get AFTER Murphy?  The state is just going to fucking slide right down the hill.  The Liberal win because they know what to many others refuse to see.  They didn't get what they want in one fell swoop and you're not going to roll them back as far as you want in one fell swoop either.  

People are all high and mighty about how the love the country and about our democratic and republican traditions but when the time comes to do something about it they don't want to put in the time or the effort.

That's just a load of crap.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, EdF said:

Some people just don't want anything to get better . . . Some are "all or nothing," if we don't get Constitutional Carry the day after he takes office it's not worth anything and others just like to be able to complain about whatever goes on.

You don't think Ciattarelli is worth the effort?  What are you going to get AFTER Murphy?  The state is just going to fucking slide right down the hill.  The Liberal win because they know what to many others refuse to see.  They didn't get what they want in one fell swoop and you're not going to roll them back as far as you want in one fell swoop either.  

People are all high and mighty about how the love the country and about our democratic and republican traditions but when the time comes to do something about it they don't want to put in the time or the effort.

That's just a load of crap.

lol, yeah no.. not at all. 

That's a just a load crap in this instance. 

Jack doesn't beleive we should even have a right to carry...  so don't even pull this " incremental" shit... because he sounds like he would sign njs AWB 2.0

He also hasn't stated he would shut down the state if he had to if it meant negotiating a state budget.. for as long it takes.. 

If you cant get on those two points, no vote from me. 

What will Jack fight tooth and nail for?

On 6/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, WP22 said:

I certainly don't object to mean or vulgar language. That tape wouldn't prevent me from voting for Singh.

It SHOULD turn you against Singh . . . Or, you should at least expect him to do something about his campaign manager.  There's a difference between "tough talk" and being an asshole AND there's a difference between addressing the candidate and addressing their family.  The attack on Caittarelli's WIFE made Singh's campaign look weak.

52 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Jack doesn't beleive we should even have a right to carry...  so don't even pull this " incremental" shit... because he sounds like he would sign njs AWB 2.0

Actually . . . He does and says it at just about every stop.  The "incremental shit" is exactly what I was talking about.  If you don't vote for Jack and you don't put Republicans in the legislature, you won't get shit.  But, that's too much work so you'll just keep complaining.  

52 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

He also hasn't stated he would shut down the state if he had to if it meant negotiating a state budget.. for as long it takes.. 

Then come out and fucking ask him the question.  He's all over the place, every day.  I'm sure you can find an event in Sussex County.  

I just asked the campaign when they are in Sussex next.  I'll let you know what I find out.

• Agree 1

Just now, EdF said:

Actually . . . He does and says it at just about every stop.  The "incremental shit" is exactly what I was talking about.  If you don't vote for Jack and you don't put Republicans in the legislature, you won't get shit.  But, that's too much work so you'll just keep complaining.  

Then come out and fucking ask him the question.  He's all over the place, every day.  I'm sure you can find an event in Sussex County.  

I just asked the campaign when they are in Sussex next.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Pretty sure last time he showed up around here he didn't have answers to these questions... at a gun club none the less... but on his website it says it all... he only supports people carrying if they have a dangerous job... 

Fucking Joe Manchin is a bigger republican than this guy. 

On 6/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, JackDaWack said:

As odd it sounds, Murphy has helped me financially in this state. I can't stand Murphy, I hate the guy with a passion... yet I have zero reason to vote for Ciatterelli... not a single reason. 

Hmmmmm

1 minute ago, JackDaWack said:

he only supports people carrying if they have a dangerous job... 

Nope . . . What he has said is that is what he will push without the legislature.  

You're just proving my point . . . So, I'm out on this part of the conversation.

7 minutes ago, EdF said:

Nope . . . What he has said is that is what he will push without the legislature.  

You're just proving my point . . . So, I'm out on this part of the conversation.

I think your proving the point, that no one knows what this guy stands for.... cause he won't stand on anything... i have to ask him directly? Gtfo. 

His website is pretty clear and that's not at all what it says... under his "rights and freedoms" initiatives is written clear as day.. giving people access to carry for dangerous jobs has nothing to do with rights and freedom.

6 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Pretty sure last time he showed up around here he didn't have answers to these questions... at a gun club none the less... but on his website it says it all... he only supports people carrying if they have a dangerous job... 

Fucking Joe Manchin is a bigger republican than this guy. 

From his website:

• Reform any law that violates an individual’s constitutional right to due process 
  • Grandfather in any firearm that was legally purchased, but that is deemed illegal in subsequent legislation 
  • Standardize the process by which firearms ID cards and gun carry permits are processed and approved, and oppose all increases in related fees
  • Speed up gun permit application processes with “fast track” status for applicants who face imminent danger (e.g., victims of domestic violence)
  • Advocate for “concealed carry” for certain dangerous professions 
  • Promote and fund additional resources to address the underlying, serious mental health crisis in our country that too often manifests itself in gun violence

“Reform” any law that violates dues process.  So he supports Red Flag laws. Just need a tweak....

“Grandfather in any firearm”..uh..how about oppose any law that make a firearm or accessory illegal?

”Standardize..”. ...uh... there is already “standardized state law..... how about criminalize slow walking of FPIDs. Or better yet.  NICS is all thats needed.

“Advocate for CC for “certain” dangerous professions....  Advocate????  Wth does that even mean?  Someone tell him that law already exists.  The problem is unaccountable leftist county judges imposing their ideology and not the law.  Or better yet... How about “Advocating”... for Shall Issue....

Jack is very weak on 2A.  I had hoped any R would be better than this.  But this tells me he is a RINO and not a conservative.  If he can’t be solid on these issues, I seriously doubt he will be solid on any conservative issue.  He is trying to appease some right of center “moderates”.  News Flash.  These are liberals.  Not right of center people.

Very disappointing.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, EdF said:

Ed, I don’t see this as believable.  You don’t put your “positions” on issues on your website for a scenario where you don’t have the legislature.   You say what you believe in and what you will argue for and fight for as Governor.  Most of what I’ve read so far, in particular the 2A issues, are weak at best.  He is arguing for Dem Light positions. 

2 minutes ago, 10X said:

Y'all know the primary is over, right?

Yes.  This discussion seems to be about whether or not Jack C deserves our vote.

How anyone could vote for murphy over just about anyone blows my mind. Ill take incremental changes or democrat light over dictator murphy any day. 

Dont forget we were the last state to take off our masks, the businesses that were killed from his lockdown (meanwhile he attends blm parades), the old people killed from "following the science" , giving extra money to illegal aliens etc. 

Voting for murphy is mind blowing, and if you dont vote you should stop complaining about democrats ruining the state further. 

• Thanks 1

We get the representation we deserve.  If we allow the R to be weak and do nothing but slow the spread of marxism.....that’s all we’ll ever get.

And while it sickens me to see someone like Murphy win, it occurs to me that letting a weak candidate go down in flames may be the only way to cause the R party in this state to come to grips with reality.

I’ll probably end up voting for the guy.  But that reluctance is going to translate to lost votes that he desperately needs..... and its HIS fault.  Not the voters.

I give him no chance of winning based on bringing out support.  His only chance is apathy for Murphy among dems.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Jack was on with Steve Trevelise last night.  His favorite pizza is anchovy, no cheese.  Really?  https://nj1015.com/10-questions-with-jack-ciattarelli/

Not a shot in hell he is able to change to school funding formual.. even if he manages it will be shot down by the NJSC if it resembles giving middle class a tax break. 

That's about the only relevant question they even asked him. 

The upside to Jack winning, is who he appoints as NJ AG.... I would vote for him to oust Grewal. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Jack was on with Steve Trevelise last night.  His favorite pizza is anchovy, no cheese.  Really?  https://nj1015.com/10-questions-with-jack-ciattarelli/

That's very disappointing. Nobody cares about his pizza. It's all about the ice cream.