WW 2 Carbines are available again!!!!

Jump for joy, Midway just received an import of crates of original US Carbines! All makers from the Italian Government!!

Selling them to US citizens!!! https://www.midwayusa.com/us-military-surplus-m1-carbines?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=DeepLinks&utm_content=DeepLink&cnxclid=16204297996244442760010090302008005

Oh, I forgot! NJ is not part of the US!!!

Not sure why the CMP didn't get these?  

They were banned because in 1967 some friendly African Americans were conducting a peaceful protest and they accidentally entered The Plainfield Machine Company and while there, borrowed 46 fully automatic M1s and handed them out to the crowd. They forgot to give them back and most of them are still missing to this day!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I picked one up when I transferred my C&R to ME… nice to have an “assault weapon” shipped right to my house.

It was an Inland, rebuilt by Miltech. Flip safety, flat top bolt, and bayonet lug… nothing too out of the ordinary. My father liked it when he came up to visit, since he worked for GM in Linden for 30+ years.

Its a nice little rifle, but not something I’m buying more than one.

16 minutes ago, siderman said:

These look too early to have any Jersey built ones from the PMCo. Was going to be my first firearm purchase here in FL (a Jersey one, just because...) but got pricey so on hold.

Probably do better on open market. When CMP had those Bavarian ones I should have bought!

1 hour ago, 15636215 said:

Probably do better on open market. When CMP had those Bavarian ones I should have bought!

1 hour ago, 15636215 said:

Not CMP, but PMCo, Plainfeild  Machine Co but can see the confusion.  Wanted one not just as a fuck you NJ thing but I used to live 5mins from that place.

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I am quite certain that given Malcolm X's stature at the time that he was surely given a full auto rifle.  They were not playing around during those times!

Neither were the NJ state Troopers!. My mom worked at Sears on Elizabeth ave in Newark. Had a gun section downstairs. First store that was hit! Closed for good. After the armory was hit, became a shooting gallery! Newark never recovered, I worked there until 08.

• Agree 1

Can someone give me a quick history lesson here as to what happened at the Plainfield machine company? I live in dunellen. Is this during the 1967 plainfield riots? This is way before my time but I had no idea of the history of this area. 

Just did some more reading. Now it makes so much more sense. I'd always look at some of the houses and wonder how such large and sometimes nicely done houses are so cheap. I never knew the history of why it went downhill. 

Yes Chef.  It was during the Plainfield riots that they accidentally broke into the PMC and borrowed the machine guns.  With about 40 rifles still missing today, they could get them back again if they offered say a $5,000 reward and no questions asked to turn them in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

Yes Chef.  It was during the Plainfield riots that they accidentally broke into the PMC and borrowed the machine guns.

During my googling i saw they actually searched from house to house for these guns.  Crazy they never even found one of them. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

As I stated above,  they could get many back if they really wanted to!

They're probably rotting away in some forgotten derelict safehouse in the Pine Barrens or upstate NY :(

• Sad 1

Order Contains Restricted Products

Military Surplus Winchester M1 Carbine (Good to Very Good) 30 Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifle 18" Barrel

Military Surplus Winchester M1 Carbine (Good to Very Good) 30 Carbine Semi-Automatic Rifle 18" Barrel

These products cannot be included with your order due to the following:

• New Jersey prohibits the sale and possession of assault weapons.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, siderman said:

They're probably rotting away in some forgotten derelict safehouse in the Pine Barrens or upstate NY :(

No,  Either In a basement in newark or dropped in the harbor.