Teufelhunden

CA AWB ruled unconstitutional

1 hour ago, Teufelhunden said:

CA will definitely appeal. I'm not sure what an appeal will do since it's either constitutional or it isn't but in 30 days their AWB might be gone:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CAguns/comments/nsiuo3/miller_v_bonta_decision_on_assault_weapons/

The judge included a 30-day stay at the request of the DA to give them time to appeal.  They most certainly will give it’s the 9th circuit.  

For context, the same judge rules the magazine bans were unconstitutional. This too was stayed and appealed to the 9th.  It’s been 2 years.  

7 hours ago, voyager9 said:

The judge included a 30-day stay at the request of the DA to give them time to appeal.  They most certainly will give it’s the 9th circuit.  

For context, the same judge rules the magazine bans were unconstitutional. This too was stayed and appealed to the 9th.  It’s been 2 years.  

Well that certainly put a damper on my excitement about this. Does that mean it could take years to reach the Supreme Court? 

23 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

This would appear to be a huge story, no?

Not until it gets offered to the Supremes. First we do the 3 judge panel, then en banc, then and only then it gets interesting just seeing if they even take it or not in our lifetime. Until then a few anti 2A cases hopefully have been ruled in our favor and are law of the land. Now that would be a huge story!

1 hour ago, Teufelhunden said:

Well that certainly put a damper on my excitement about this. Does that mean it could take years to reach the Supreme Court? 

Could easily take years. And that doesn't even guarantee SCOTUS would hear the case. This is all by design. The shitbag politicians write unconstitutional laws, as fast as overnight, full well knowing it will take up to a decade to make its way through the court system. Meanwhile while we try to fight that law, they enact 20 more of the same bullshit. 

2 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

Could easily take years. And that doesn't even guarantee SCOTUS would hear the case. This is all by design. The shitbag politicians write unconstitutional laws, as fast as overnight, full well knowing it will take up to a decade to make its way through the court system. Meanwhile while we try to fight that law, they enact 20 more of the same bullshit. 

Worse, I don't think politicians face any consequences from writing laws that they know are unconstitutional, so there is no reason for them to be prudent.

5 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Worse, I don't think politicians face any consequences from writing laws that they know are unconstitutional, so there is no reason for them to be prudent.

You're right, they don't ever face any consequences, they have total immunity, which of course they gave themselves through unconstitutional legislation. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

And we all still all have our firearms....

Glass half full people....glass half full.....

As per another thread ...there are many many many... carbines...*still* in NJ....  

How about your standard capacity 30rd mags?  Still got them? Your 15rd mags? This is the thinking that gets us to where we are today. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

How about your standard capacity 30rd mags?  Still got them? Your 15rd mags? This is the thinking that gets us to where we are today. 

Never had 30's...don't own an AR...  :)

Anything over 10 i own....out of state.

And what thinking is that.....?  Optimism?

contrary to what you may think, gun rights have expnaded more than contracted across the board...in my opinion...

NJ well that's another story.....for now.

Here's a piece from The Federalist that discusses this in detail, and illustrates how enviably consistent the left are in their messaging.  Our side really needs to do a better job with getting its word out.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/07/dont-believe-leftist-lies-about-a-federal-judges-end-to-californias-gun-ban/

• Like 2
  • Agree 1