CMJeepster

Article: U.S. takes two steps toward limiting gun violence: model legislation and rifle restrictions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-takes-two-steps-toward-165620585.html

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. Justice Department on Monday proposed cracking down on accessories that can be used to convert pistols into rifles and released model legislation to help states prevent guns from getting into the hands of the mentally ill, as part of a broader push to reduce gun violence."

21 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

From Reddit, to summarize, these proposals will kill the legal non-nfa other firearm market!

A non-NFA does not need a pistol brace. It must only NOT have a rifle stock. A bare receiver extension would still be a non-NFA.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

soooo.....what happens to everyones "other" now? also, why are we letting un-elected agencies with no law making rights make laws?

I’m sure they will be kind enough to give anyone with one a “grace period” 30-45 days to turn in prior to the start of criminal charges? Lol

edit: or the highly coveted “buyback” of something they never sold $100 gift card to Walmart or something for your legally purchased $2000 property..... kinda akin to eminent domain your “free” and have rights and ownership until we decide differently

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, marlintag said:

Are they trying to kill the "other" market?

I have no idea what they are "trying" to do but this is not to kill the "other" market since those must be 26 inches or longer anyway and not covered by this.  

Basically they are turning anyone who has a legal AR pistol into a felon overnight by making it nearly impossible to avoid classifying those as nfa items now.

Something tells me this isn't going to make it on the books. 

It's the most convoluted shit they could have come up with. 

I mean nothing what so ever in these regulations references the lawful definition of a rifle or pistol. Which means they can't even use these regulations in a court room. 

Not a single criteria they outline serves to clarify the law.